all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
December 19

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg
TGU 8 x 2 x 20 kg

Rough session tonight. Swings were strong and sharp, but the get ups sucked. I was wobbly and weak with the 24 kg kettlebell. I dropped down to the 20 kg, and they were better. They were not great by any means, disappointing to be honest. But, I still punched the clock and got the work in. I may drop down to the 20 kg altogether and build up to the 32 kg slowly, but steadily.

Time to read about this Buteyko breathing.....

December 20

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Much better session, everything felt like it should tonight. My swings were very sharp, found the float more than a few times as well. Get ups were much better tonight as well. They were solid and sharp as well. As enjoyable as the 24 kg kettlebell was, I am going to own the 20 kg completely, first. Then, add the 24 kg back in slowly.

@Michael Scott
Your log is a joy to read, nice work ! :)
I like how you wave load and volume, just taking your time, taking that step back when needed.

I'm curious though: What have all those multi-get-ups given you so far, that 5 singles won't ? And over what time span ?

Thank you @Shawn90 for the kind words. I learned that a step back is not a failure, it is more about listening to my body, and being patient.

The multi-get-ups taught me a newfound level of respect for the TGU. I used to dread doing them, I loved the swings, but the TGU was not something I looked forward to doing. After that program, I not only enjoy & respect the TGU now, I look forward to them. The focus, the time under tension, the ability to pause if needed, all make them so much more enjoyable now. That is a thought that I wouldn't have had before that program.

@Michael Scott
Your log is a joy to read, nice work ! :)
I like how you wave load and volume, just taking your time, taking that step back when needed.

I'm curious though: What have all those multi-get-ups given you so far, that 5 singles won't ? And over what time span ?

December 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
SLDL 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Easy night tonight, as life got in the way once again. I didn't have time for my kettlebells, so some light mobility keeps the joints oiled & the muscles limber.

December 23

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
T-Spine Mobility 2 sets
SLDL 2 sets
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Another punch the clock session. Nothing spectacular, just steady work. I enjoyed this workout. I think I will stick with this over the holiday season.

December 26

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

2HS 2 x 10 x 32 kg
1HS 8 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Back to work on achieving the Simple standard today. I went with 2HS because, well, I felt like it. With surgery in two weeks, plus travel, I am going to add a set of 2HS to each session when I can get a session in. I did 5 second pauses on each stage of the get ups, and a press upon standing up.

Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:
December 27

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

2HS 4 x 10 x 32 kg
1HS 6 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

2 extra sets with the 32 kg was a little much, I struggled with the get ups tonight. My get ups were a little shaky, I am not sure if it was due to the extra sets, or the 5 second pauses & press at the top of each get up. So, I will go back down to the 20 kg for all sets, and just enjoy the ride for the rest of the year.

December 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Much better session, everything felt like it should tonight. Swings were sharp, get ups were strong and solid. All around great session tonight. This will be my blueprint for the rest of the year.

December 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Good, solid session today. Everything felt strong and solid from start to finish. My focus was on recovery between sets, and it paid off. Some research on body weight exercises today, as I’m looking to add a session in the morning of them.

December 31

Mobility work only due to family commitments. The stretching work should start paying off now. I’m feeling better while doing the work.

January 1

Happy New Year!

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Stretching
90/90 stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 10 x 2 x 20 kg

Another good punch the clock session today. I went EMOM for the first 6 sets, for something different. I stopped there because I felt I was losing my form. Get ups were again solid and strong. Time for some college football.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom