all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
February 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 20 kg
1HS 6 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 16 kg

I added additional sets with the 20 kg kettlebell tonight, and they felt good. The additional stretching also felt great. I don't think I will skip these stretches any more. They seemed to really make my workout feel even better. I will be adding more work with the 20 kg again tomorrow night.

Last edited:
February 22 is national margarita day, which leads to mexican food. When both of you have a challenging day, it becomes an unscheduled day off, where you go and consume chips & salsa, chase it down with a margarita, and enjoy good mexican food.

Well, that is what happened at my house, sorry if you didn't enjoy the same type of evening. :D :p :D :p :D :p

February 24

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 20 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 16 kg

Great session again today. The additional sets with the 20 felt good again. Tomorrow will be a challenge day.

Great session again today. The additional sets with the 20 felt good again. Tomorrow will be a challenge day.

Looking forward to seeing your post re: your challenge day. If you have been feeling good, why not go for it...some easier days in the week, then some days of upping it a little when the stars are aligned. Strike when the iron is hot!

February 25

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 2 x 5 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 1 x 5 x 32 kg

2HS 10 x 10 x 32 kg
Floor press 3 x 2 x 32 kg

Hard, challenging session today. The swings really took a lot out of me today, but I wanted some TGU work, so I pressed the 32 kg 3 times with each arm. That kettlebell is still a heavy thing. At least I could press it up off the floor & hold it for a few seconds. Back to my regular routine tomorrow.

February 26

Work & life got in the way of a session today. So, an unplanned day off occurred. Definitely not the end of the world, but I was looking forward to training today. Oh well, back at it tomorrow.

325f42a9-4ae9-43b9-80ce-7010e10c8729-original.jpeg

February 27

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 8 x 10 x 20 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 4 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU 1 x 2 x 16 kg

Back after Simple tonight. I added another set with the 20 kg kettlebell. The additional sets felt good. They felt so good that the last sets with the 16 kg felt very light. Tomorrow's session will be strictly with the 20 kg kettlebell. I will also start warming up with the 20 kg, slowly.

All in all, I was very pleased with this session tonight. It felt sharp, and I didn't feel gassed. I can feel that I worked though, my abs fired during my swings, and my lats & shoulders worked in my get ups.

@Michael Scott , ahh, I used to do those. Didn't know they had a name. I used to do them with a PVC pipe, so I called them "pipe thingys".

He adds a few nifty things at the end that look interesting. If I had the overhead space I'd do them. Thanks for sharing.

February 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 2 x 5 x 16 kg, 1 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another great session tonight. The additional work with the 20 kg kettlebell really felt good. Sharp and crisp swings, and solid get ups. I rested a little longer between sets tonight, to make sure I was fresh for each set. I will stick with the 16 kg kettlebell for halos for now, but I will work up to working with the 20 kg for all three sets of GS.

February 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another great session tonight. The additional work with the 20 kg kettlebell really felt good. Sharp and crisp swings, and solid get ups. I rested a little longer between sets tonight, to make sure I was fresh for each set. I will stick with the 16 kg kettlebell for halos for now, but I will work up to working with the 20 kg for all three sets of GS.

Looking good! Nice steady progress!

March 1

It has been a rough week at work, and when I add in a poor night's sleep, I had nothing in me tonight. So, I took an unplanned night off. On the plus side, I will have tomorrow night free to train, so I will make up for tonight tomorrow night. Now, to get things done & get to bed early tonight.

Last edited:
March 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

A good "punch the clock" session tonight. Focus was on recovery and form tonight, so plenty of rest between sets, and slow & steady get ups, pausing briefly at each stage. I am very pleased with this workout.

March 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 1 x 5 x 16 kg, 2 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session this morning, everything was sharp & crisp. I went a little faster today, closer to EMOM than yesterday, but not quite EMOM. The talk test determined when I performed my next set.

I will challenge myself tomorrow the 20 kg, looking to see how close I am to 5 minutes for the swings & 10 minutes for the get ups. I am sure that the get ups are within this time limit, just not sure about the swings. This will determine if I use the 20 kg for another week, or start to incorporate the 24 kg into my workout.

In reading my log, I realized that I got workout envy, and went away from my pursuit of Simple. I did the Deep 6 workout for a while, then I did the "How to Get Better at Everything by Training Multiple Get-Ups" plan, both of which took away from my progress towards Simple. I had worked up to using the 24 kg & 28 kg, before starting the Get Up program. So, I am going to work back up to those kettlebells before reaching for the 32 kg kettlebell.

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning."
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom