all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
March 28

30 minute walk over lunch

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 2 x 10 x 24 kg, 8 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg, 4 x 2 x 16 kg

Yeah, I jumped the gun and started today, but it was a good workout. The sets with the 24 kg were a little hard, but they felt good. Of course, the 16 kg kettlebell felt very light afterwards. Still, my form was sharp and I stayed focused.

March 29

30 minute walk before workout

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Tonight felt really good from start to finish. I went for my walk before my workout tonight because work got in the way of my lunch walk. The walk warmed me up and loosened me up well enough that some quick stretching and arm circles were more than enough.

I must say, I think @The Nail was right. The 24 kg kettlebell seems to almost be magical. I believe that 4 sessions, maybe 5, should be about right before adding another set with the 24 kg. Of course, my recovery will determine when another set is added.

March 31

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 24

1HS 24, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 24, 16, 16, 16, 16

Rough session today. The 24 kg felt unusually heavy this morning. I powered through the swings, and felt pretty good at the end. I had to almost argue with myself to stick with the template for get ups though. Part of me really wanted another set with the 24.....I left that in the tank, and I feel pretty good about it...oh, who am I kidding, I really wanted to do that extra set. But, I remember that I am supposed to have a few reps left in me when I am done, and I will have to hold on to that idea.

Happy Easter!!!

Last edited:
April 1

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 24

1HS 24, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 24, 16, 16, 16, 16

Great session today. I felt good from start to finish today. I wanted to do more again today, but I enforced patience again, and left some in the tank. A couple more sessions and I will add another set with the 24 kg.

April 2

30 minute walk over lunch

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 24

1HS 24, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 24, 16, 16, 16, 16

Good session again tonight. Focused on recovering between sets, and everything went well. Stretching and proper warm up is really helping.

April 3

What a crappy day. Didn't sleep well, DOMS hit me hard, and I had meetings that kept me stationary all day. So, nothing but stretching and foam rolling for about 30 minutes was my workout tonight. It actually felt good, and I really needed it apparently.

Last edited:
I am glad you felt stretching really helped. Sometimes I think just that is enough if you feel the way you did today....plus a warm bath lol! And a good sleep. Here's hoping you get that and feel rejuvenated tomorrow!

Yes ma'am. I am hoping that all is well tomorrow. I did put in some good walking while running rugby practice tonight. I worked on my mobility out there as well. The lovely weather out there, 34F, wind chill 24F with steady drizzle kept us all moving.....lol.

I am glad you felt stretching really helped. Sometimes I think just that is enough if you feel the way you did today....plus a warm bath lol! And a good sleep. Here's hoping you get that and feel rejuvenated tomorrow!

Yes ma'am. I am hoping that all is well tomorrow. I did put in some good walking while running rugby practice tonight. I worked on my mobility out there as well. The lovely weather out there, 34F, wind chill 24F with steady drizzle kept us all moving.....lol.
thumbs down on the weather!
thumbs up on the walking!

April 4

Woke up feeling great. The stretching really made a difference. No workout this evening. Long day for me, and a rough one for the wife. So, we dined out last night instead of exercising. We both needed to just break our routine to clear our heads. The beer & food that we didn't have to make or go get, along with not having to do the dishes afterwards made for a good overall evening. Sometimes a break from a routine is just what you need.

Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.
Albert Einstein

April 5

Two days in a row that life gets in the way. I know it is unavoidable, but it is still frustrating to miss what is now 3 days in a row, with just stretching being done on Wednesday. With Friday being my scheduled day off for dinner with friends & family, that will be 4 days of no kettlebells. Yeah, I guess I am feeling a little withdrawl. Oh well, Saturday morning's workout will have to be my launch point for a more solid week of work.

Last edited:
April 8

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
90/90 stretches
Hamstring stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

It has been a busy few days, and working out has not been something I have been able to prioritize, unfortunately. My workout this morning has shown me that I may not have been ready to work regularly with the 24 kg kettlebell. While I enjoy it, I am dropping down to the 20 kg starting tomorrow, and I am hoping that is what caused the DOMS that would not go away, requiring daily stretching just to have decent mobility. If this is not the case, then my primary care manager & I will be having an interesting discussion.

April 9

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 20, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 20, 16, 16, 16, 16

What a different session tonight. I now believe that the 24 kg was taking more out of me than I realized. Tonight was sharp, crisp, and relaxed yet I finished in 35 minutes.

April 10

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 20, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 20, 16, 16, 16, 16

Another good session tonight, everything still feels good. Everything still felt sharp and crisp from start to finish. I figure one or two more sessions and I will add another set with the 20 kg kettlebell.

" I figure one or two more sessions and I will add a set with the 24 kg kettlebell."

Fixed your typo again. You might need a new keyboard.

April 11

Not my typical off night, but one nonetheless. Mrs. Scott's birthday today, so a night off it had to be. Sushi, single malt scotch for me & sangria for her, along with some good red wine, & presents made her night. It was definitely worth it.

Last edited:
April 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 20, 20, 16, 16, 16
TGU 20, 20, 16, 16, 16

With a day off before and after, I decided to add another set with the 20 kg kettlebell tonight. Everything felt good, not great, but good. This was not the sharpest workout this week, but it was still a strong session.

April 15

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Soju & Tuba 4 x 1L/1R x 28 kg
1HS 20, 20, 16, 16, 16
TGU 20, 20, 16, 16, 16

Hello best workout in quite a while. Yes, I have begun the Soju & Tuba routine while sticking with my pursuit of the Simple Standard. The addition of these presses actually gave me energy throughout the rest of my session. It was really odd, I felt an energy I haven't had in a while. The extra day off may have helped, or the weight of the 28 kg kettlebell made the others feel light. Who knows for sure? All I know is that today's workout gave me energy, and yet I feel like I have more left in the tank.

So, 6 weeks of additional work, that will mean when I feel like I am not recovering, I will alternate sessions between S&S and S&T.

Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them.
Lee Haney

April 16

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS 20, 20, 16, 16, 16
TGU 20, 20, 16, 16, 16

Good, steady session, everything was solid from start to finish tonight. I think I will just to the Soju & Tuba session tomorrow night, with some light S&S work instead fo my regular session.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom