all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
May 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 24, 20, 20, 20, 20
TGU 24, 20, 20, 20, 20

Strong session today. I felt unusually energized this morning. So, in challenge one I tried the Goblet Squats with the 24 kg, and they felt very good. So, in challenge two I decided to see how the 24 kg felt with swings & get ups. Yes, they felt good as well. So, the 24 kg has been added to my sessions now.

I have decided that I will alternate sessions between S&S and Soju & Tuba. I will slowly incorporate the 24 kg in S&S, and restart S&T with the 28 kg. I do feel stronger since I ran that program, so, running it again should at least maintain that added strength as I progress with S&S.

Raise a toast today to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice in service of our country today. I know I will.

May 29

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 2 x 4 x 28kg
Best Over Rows 2 x 5 x 28kg

Decided to see how extending this would go. Yeah, a smarter person than me created this program, I should just follow his design. So, Thursday will see me restart the program.

May 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 20, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 20, 20, 20

Whew, that was a workout. Between a lack of sleep, and adding additional sets with the 24 kg, that was challenging. I think I would be best served by doing this session again, before moving to another set with the 24 kg. I felt good from start to finish, challenged but good.

May 31

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Soju & Tuba 2 x 1 x 28kg, 2 x 1 x 32kg
Bent Over Rows 4 x 5 x 32kg

Great session tonight. I decided to start incorporating the 32 kg in my pressing. Wow, that felt really good, but it took a lot out of me. I will keep at least 1 set with each side, maybe even work up to 50/50.

Last edited:
June 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 20, 20

This session felt amazing, no fatigue in any rep of any set. I will definitely do this again on Monday. I figure 2 sessions are good before adding an additional set with the 24 kg. I am even more convinced that my adding the Soju & Tuba work has made me stronger.

June 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Soju & Tuba 3 x 1 x 32 kg, 3 x 1 x 28 kg

No bent over rows for this session, I focused on recovery more between sets. I may do some in my next session, but I went easy today. The presses with the 32 kg feel real good so far, I even found a small leak in my swing with my left arm that I had not noticed until today. I tightened that up and the last four sets were easier.

June 4

I went into our gym here at work, I heard they had kettlebells there. Surprisingly, they do! I found a 40 kg kettlebell, big ol' thing. Well, I cleaned & pressed it one time with each arm. That is 8 kg more than my largest bell, one I never thought I would press when I bought it 18 months ago, let alone a 40 kg! So, now I know that the Soju & Tuba program does indeed work. I struggled ever so slightly to clean and press the 40 kg, but I got one rep on each side. Talk about a motivating moment! I am amped to workout tonight, and to keep the 32 kg in my second time through S&T.

Well, I cleaned & pressed it one time with each arm. That is 8 kg more than my largest bell, one I never thought I would press when I bought it 18 months ago, let alone a 40 kg!
WHOA!!!! that is awesome! talk about WTH... congrats man!
How big of guy are you? I dont remember.... I can probably go back and read your first post but Im lazy and it is much more fun this way.

June 4

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 20, 20

That was a little more of a challenge tonight. It felt really good to work like that, and the need to recover between sets made it a great session. Everything felt solid, but it was work tonight.

Last edited:
June 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 20, 20

That was a little more of a challenge tonight. It felt really good to work like that, and the need to recover between sets made it a great session. Everything felt solid, but it was work tonight.
Nice work man, way to grind it out

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom