all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
June 5

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Soju & Tuba 4 x 1 x 32 kg, 4 x 1 x 28 kg

Great session tonight, I felt strong in all my presses. This is interesting because I was tired going into my stretching. I had one of those days where I didn't seem to stop once I sat down at my desk today. Combined with being unusually tired, I didn't think tonight wold be very good. I tell you, once I grabbed the 20 kg for halos, it was game on. It was like a switch flipped on, and, here we go.

I just cannot explain how or why I get energized doing this workout, I just do. It is like my body says, ok, let's rock. Once I am pressing the first rep, I get energy that carries through each following one.

June 6

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 20, 20

I stuck with this routine for another session. I may do this again Saturday. I don't feel quite ready to add another set with the 24 kg yet.

June 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2 x 32 kg, 5 x 2 x 28 kg

Ok, wow, that was good. I do believe I may have hit my limit pressing the 32 kg for now. Tomorrow will tell me if it is the limit or not. Depending on the level of fatigue or DOMS will tell me if I have hit my limit or if I have more in me.

June 9

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 20, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 20, 20

Solid session today, swings were sharp, get ups were strong. I believe that one more session with this plan will have me ready to add another set with the 24 kg kettlebell. I do feel the impact of the Soju and Tuba work. However, I am not sure if I should add another set of pressing the 32 kg kettlebell. I will see how it goes tomorrow.

I know that I’m supposed to leave something in the tank, but challenging myself continues to show me what I can do with kettlebells that I thought were too heavy to work with at first.

June 10

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 2 x 32 kg, 6 x 2 x 28 kg

Strong session today. Halos & goblet squats felt good, like they always do. However, I read somewhere that kneeling halos are a good alternative to standing halos, because they hit the core a little more. Yep, they do, but one set was interesting enough, so I may continue to do kneeling halos on Soju & Tuba days.

June 11

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 24, 24, 24, 24, 20
TGU 24, 24, 24, 24, 20

I added a set with the 24 kg kettlebell tonight. It was taxing, but not unreasonably difficult. Nothing felt overly challenging, but the last set of swings required a little more rest. All in all, I was pleased with this session.

I added a set with the 24 kg kettlebell tonight. It was taxing, but not unreasonably difficult. Nothing felt overly challenging, but the last set of swings required a little more rest. All in all, I was pleased with this session.

(y) (y) (y) I like that phrasing....taxing, but not unreasonably difficult. And then one day, you will find it easy!

June 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 7 x 2 x 32 kg, 7 x 2 x 28 kg

This was the last session of singles, and it was challenging. Finishing this session really felt like an accomplishment. I am really looking forward to doubles in my next session.

June 13

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

T-Spine Mobility
Arm Bars
QL Straddle

Another wonderful day of meetings and minimal movement left me stiff and immobile. After I started my warm up, I realized that I needed more flexibility work tonight. I felt amazing afterwards. I will, of course, do some more light stretching before I go to bed. I have to remember to keep this a vital part of my workouts. Maybe I will need to extend my planned time to keep working this in.

June 18
Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 2 x 24

Time to get serious about accomplishing the Simple standard. So, I dropped the goblet squat weight down to 20 kg, and went all in with the 24 kg for swings & get ups. Tonight was good, challenging, and gave me a sense of accomplishment.

June 20
Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 2 x 24

Grind night on the mat. Rough day, bad night's sleep, led to one tough session last night. Monday felt great compared to this session. The struggle was real, from the first set of swings to the last get up. I ended up soaked in sweat, and breathing very hard for a while afterwards as well. In the beginning, I did my best to recover between sets, but that would have taken 2 hours to be that well recovered. So, I went on about 2 minutes rest between sets and just powered through. No real DOMS this morning, a little stiffness, but not too bad. Some GTG mobility and movement should be good for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom