all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I read your log daily, you will be there sooner than many of us who may never lift that kettlebell. You inspire many of us to push harder, and seeing you even lift that kettlebell would not be that surprising, at least to me.

Thank you very much for your kind words, sir, I am glad that my training log is useful - that makes me very happy.

It is not that long ago when 16 or 24 kg kettlebell felt very heavy to me. Today I know that one does not need to worry at all. The only thing needed is good technique, consistency, sticking to the program - and like our search teacher Pavel says: Repeat until strong!

August 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Foam Roll - lower back

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 2 x 5 x 20 kg, 1 x 5 x 32 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 2/2 x 32 kg

Good session tonight, everything felt strong and sharp. The last set of squats, I went for the 32 kg to see how it felt. I went deeper and my hips noticed the additional weight, but it wasn't unusually heavy. I may have to start incorporating using the 32 kg a little more.

August 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

Strength Aerobics Circuit for Conditioning - 10 minutes with 20 kg, 40 sets in total.

Good session this morning. This was challenging yet doable. The first 3 minutes we'r almost easy, almost. The last 7 were still strong, but more cardio. Still, it was a great session.

August 6

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Foam Roll - lower back

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2/2 x 32 kg

Good, solid session tonight. Everything was strong, and solid throughout the session. It felt good to still be using the 32 kg kettlebell for all sets.

Well, that was an interesting conversation. My nutritionist said to back off the intense workouts I have been doing. He made me look at my work a little closer, and I realized that I was doing a lot of upper body work, when kettlebells benefit the whole body. So, I am taking today off, and going back to S&S. I have done this 2 years in a row now, leaving S&S before I met the Simple standard with the 32 kg, which was, and is again, my goal for the year.

So, time to re-read the book today, and get after it tomorrow. 6 days a week of S&S should be good work. Between this and a sensible diet, and I should be good to go.

Just my 2 pennies...

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water...

You might consider some steady state locomotive cardio as an adjunct to S&S.

Just a thought...

This forum and the S&S book are my trainers...:D:eek::p

Like I told another person, I think he just saw numbers, and felt that he had an educated position to speak from, without listening to his patient. So, like I said, interesting, wrong in my opinion, but interesting nonetheless. He is one of those dieticians that actually have lost weight, and therefore, know more than the patient they are counseling. Regardless of the patient's background or recent experiences, he still knows best.

Besides, like an educated person reminded me, S&S is every bit as challenging and taxing than S&T, and swings can challenge you like strength aerobics (SA) do. The main difference being SA is so many reps per minute, swings are done in a similar fashion, but recovery is also necessary in S&S, not SA.

I'm confused. Why would a nutritionist being advising this, vs a personal trainer?

This forum and the S&S book are my trainers...:D:eek::p

Like I told another person, I think he just saw numbers, and felt that he had an educated position to speak from, without listening to his patient. So, like I said, interesting, wrong in my opinion, but interesting nonetheless. He is one of those dieticians that actually have lost weight, and therefore, know more than the patient they are counseling. Regardless of the patient's background or recent experiences, he still knows best.

Besides, like an educated person reminded me, S&S is every bit as challenging and taxing than S&T, and swings can challenge you like strength aerobics (SA) do. The main difference being SA is so many reps per minute, swings are done in a similar fashion, but recovery is also necessary in S&S, not SA.

Gotcha, that makes sense now, especially now that I caught your use of the word "apparently...."!

August 8

How does that line go, "The best laid plans....", yeah I had my evening planned. Come home from work, go for a walk, come back & start my pursuit of the Simple standard. Well, when you come home & it is hotter inside than it is outside, and you hear the air coming out of the vents......ugh. So, change the filter & call a guy to come out & take a look. Contactor and capacitor have both gone out. He says I am lucky, as they are relatively inexpensive to replace, compared to other parts. So, by the time he leaves, it is almost 9 pm. No time to work out, so I will try again tomorrow. I probably won't be able to restart until Saturday. He should be coming out tomorrow to fix the AC, but no idea when. Plus, I have rugby practice to run, and work to attend to before the weekend. Yay me........

August 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
Half-kneeling windmills
90/90 Stretches
Foam Roll - lower back

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1 x 24 kg

Hello S&S, I'm glad to be back. The 24 kg was my kettlebell of choice today, because I was using it when I stopped S&S. It feels sacrilegious to say it felt light, but it did. It was weird that it felt this way, since it was challenging before. I guess the S&T made a real difference. Same for the brief time of Strength Aerobics. Have a great day!

August 13

No training today or tomorrow. My daughter flies out to Alaska for a 5 week internship program Wednesday morning. Since she came home this weekend, gotta spend the time with her that I can, before she goes off jetsetting again....family always comes first, even when the child is 22......

b15ed4e3959d81aad184a31d9599df2c.jpg

Last edited:
August 15

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good solid session tonight. Swings were sharp, and TGUs were solid from start to finish. I did curls at the bottom of my squats, which I always do, but never log it as such. I also did a press every time I stood up during my get ups.

August 16

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 2 x 10 x 20 kg, 1 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Challenged myself a little tonight. The halos felt light tonight, so one set was with the 24 kg. That felt good. I had already decided to try Goblet Squats with the 24 kg, and those felt good, even the curls at the bottom. Everything else was solid and strong tonight.

August 18

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 2/2 x 32 kg

I didn't have time for S&S this morning, too many things to get done before heading down to Chicago for an early match. So, S&T it was. Good strong session that challenged me and got the blood flowing. I will have to add this back into my routine, as I miss this program. So, a couple nights a week will be S&T.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom