all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
August 19

Yeah, today didn't happen. Hot & humid day outside yesterday, and & spend 90 minutes as the side judge for the rugby match. I logged 7 total miles yesterday, & I swear I logged 5 miles running up and down the pitch. I could not drink enough water, and trust me I tried. When I got up this morning, I had zero energy. Plus, I had stiff legs, hips and lower back. I spent the day lightly stretching, and drinking water. By about 7 pm I was absolutely done for the day. So, tomorrow will be a S&S day, and depending on how I feel, it may be a light day.

Last edited:
Well, you are quite the savant, I went to grab the 20 kg kettlebell, and everything said nope......On the plus side, my mobility is getting some good work. Hopefully I can get back on track Tuesday.

Some days it's virtually impossible to hydrate adequately. It can really knock the stuffing out of you, and take several days to recover...

August 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good session tonight. I took my time a little bit more between sets, and it made a real difference. My core was firing from the first set of Halos through my last get up. I really felt them working tonight.

August 22

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
C&P 5 x 2/2 x 24 kg

Rough day, coupled with not enough sleep, left me with no energy tonight. The 20 kg felt good in my hands, so I just went with it for my swings. When I went to start my get ups, common sense said not to, along with some body parts. I tried pressing the 24 kg, and the 20 kg, and that was as far as I got, just nothing in the tank for some reason. So, I stood up, grabbed the 24 kg, and cleaned and pressed it 2 times with each arm for 5 sets.

August 23

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Good session again tonight. I discovered that I wasn't staying under the kettlebell when doing my get ups. I tensed my core a little more, slowed down just a little, and found where I should be every repetition. So much better tonight, less fatigue and better form.

August 26

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Missed my session yesterday, slept in and had breakfast before heading 2 hours West for an away rugby match. Take the rest day when it is presented.....right? Today felt real good, from start to finish. Still an occasional waver in the get ups that needs fixing, but an all around good session.

August 27

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 24 kg

Solid session tonight. Took my time and tightened up my get ups. I think I will do S&T tomorrow, missing the pressing program.

August 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 32 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 2/2 x 32 kg
Bent Over Rows 6 x 5/5 x 32 kg

Great session this evening. The presses & rows felt good to perform once again. The squats with the 32 were not as difficult as I thought they may be, which was surprising. All around strong evening.

August 29

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg, 3 x 2 x 20 kg

Goblet squats felt great again tonight. Unfortunately, I ran out of steam during my get ups. So, I dropped down to the 20 kg and finished my session. Good all around work, but I have a lot to improve upon.

August 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 7 x 2/2 x 32 kg

Good pressing session tonight. The goblet squats with the 32 kg are working wonders for my legs, the next day. They take a lot out of my legs during my session, so I may have to drop down to the 24 again, and concentrate on building up to the 32. Still, strong session tonight.

I love some heavy "prying" goblet squats. (I mean not really prying like you might with a 16kg, but sitting letting your elbows extend just a little bit and feeling it for a few seconds...)

September 1

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Strength Aerobics Circuit for Conditioning - 16 minutes with 20 kg, 48 sets in total.

Changed up my routine this weekend. I woke up late, had errands to run, and a party to attend. So, I ran the SA training, and it felt good to challenge myself with the aerobic training.

September 2

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 2 x 2/2 x 32 kg, 6 x 2/2 x 28 kg

Fatigue was prevalent today. I really didn't have the energy or drive to work out today. But, I decided to work through the fatigue, to see if I was just being lazy, or if I was really tired. Apparently I was tired, after 2 sets I had to drop to the 28 kg kettlebell. The drop in weight made a real difference, as I was able to complete the session. However, tomorrow will have to be a day off, as I was exhausted at the end, and later in the day I still had no energy.

September 4

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Went lighter tonight, and still got a good workout. I am not completely sure what is going on, but dropping down to the 20 kg kettlebell seems to be what my body wants. I will just have to own the 20 kg completely I guess. My swings took about 7-8 minutes, and my get ups were definitely within the 10 minute timeframe.

Fatigue was prevalent today. I really didn't have the energy or drive to work out today. But, I decided to work through the fatigue, to see if I was just being lazy, or if I was really tired. Apparently I was tired, after 2 sets I had to drop to the 28 kg kettlebell.
do you think that had something to do with the strength aerobics the day before?

Went lighter tonight, and still got a good workout. I am not completely sure what is going on, but dropping down to the 20 kg kettlebell seems to be what my body wants.
I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!
it is weird.... I remember going through something like this last year in the fall. I wonder if it has something to do with the change of season??????

Yeah, I saw that in your posts. It must be something seasonal, because if it isn't, then.....well, I am going to be genuinely concerned.

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!
it is weird.... I remember going through something like this last year in the fall. I wonder if it has something to do with the change of season??????

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom