all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
September 5

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another rougher than expected session tonight. I did, however, power through and get it done. There must be something in the air, or, maybe it is the crap weather messing with my sinuses.....who knows.

September 5

Another rougher than expected session tonight. I did, however, power through and get it done. There must be something in the air, or, maybe it is the crap weather messing with my sinuses.....who knows.

Good job on pushing through it. My sinuses are out of control too, and I rarely ever have sinus issues.

September 6

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 32 kg

Soju & Tuba 2 x 3 x 32 kg

Felt better tonight, just.........With planning our trip, coordinating transportation and pet care, I had just enough time to get in some presses tonight. I believe whatever was in the air has left, because the 32 kg kettlebell didn't feel as heavy as it felt earlier this week. The heavy goblet squats felt good again, and the cleans & presses were what I needed tonight.

Heading out to Alaska Saturday morning, so no kettlebell work for a week. Instead, some good seafood, and time with my daughter.

Enjoy! I've lived in Yukon (like eons ago), and had a few quick jaunts over to Skagway and area during my time there....really wish I could have got to see more other parts of the state as well...

September 16

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

That felt great! 10 days of nothing but stretching and walking was more than enough. I added some tension to my session, which was soooo needed after 10 days. I did curls at the bottom of my goblet squats, 5 second pauses in my get ups, and that all felt good.

September 17

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 1 x 32 kg

I didn't have a lot of time between work and darts, so I re-started this program. These presses just feel right.

September 18

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 1 x 2 x 20 kg
TGU Presses 4 x 2 x 32 kg

Tonight started out great, but a cramp in my foot, that just would not go away, prevented me from finishing my get ups. So, I finished with 4 sets of presses with the 32 kg, with a 5 second hold at the top in each press. Those felt strong, and challenged me from start to finish. I finally got the cramp worked out, no idea why it hit, or what caused it.

Do you train barefoot? I will often get foot cramps during swings...it sucks =(

I found wearing shoes helps to prevent it...but I prefer doing them without shoes.

September 19

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Arm Bar
T-Spine Mobility drills

I went with mobility and flexibility training tonight, as I was unusually inflexible all day. I felt stiff all over all day. So, I did some light stretching throughout the day, and did nothing else tonight. I felt much better afterwards.

September 20

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 1 x 32 kg

Second round of S&T tonight. These heavy squats are still amazing, they almost always seem to be a great fix when I need one. Of course, the pressing still energizes me, which I wish I understood why they do so. Not that I am complaining, oh no. Pressing the 32 kg overhead still amazes me that I get so much out of this movement, with a bonus of feeling energized instead of exhausted afterwards.

September 23

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 8 x 1 x 32 kg

Been busy this weekend, just had enough time today to get this session in today. This program is just so enjoyable, but I need to get back to making progess with S&S.

Last edited:
September 24

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Arm Bar
T-Spine Mobility drills

I went with mobility and flexibility training tonight, I was unusually stiff all day again today. So, I went to my mobility work, and it did wonders for my mood and my physical well-being.

Last edited:
September 25

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 10 x 1/1 x 32 kg

Stayed late at work, came home and just had time to get this in before heading out to run rugby practice. Tomorrow will be S&S, done in recovery mode. Nice and easy, steady pace, with an eye on form each repetition.

September 26

Well, hello unscheduled rest day. I walk in the door, and we are going out for Mexican food tonight.....ok. So, with another long day looming tomorrow, I may not get back to S&S until Friday.....

September 27

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
Kneeling Lunges
Foam Rolling
Tactical Frog Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 12 x 1/1 x 28 kg

Long, rough day at work, left me drained. However, this session energized me for the evening. I spent too much time sitting, which left me with really tight hips. Hence the extra mobility work before S&T. The difference was immediate, in that I felt much better during my session. However, this morning, after the above & running practice, I am still not as stiff as I was yesterday evening.

September 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Today I started my pursuit, once again, of the simple standard. I will have probably 2 days off each week, and 2 days of Soju & Tuba due to my schedule. I won't go up to the next size kettlebell until I feel that I own the current one. So, I start back with the 20 kg kettlebell, and I will work up from here.

September 29

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Day 2 of the chase. Everything felt good today, took my time, recovered between sets, and felt good afterwards. I am not sure if I will take the second day off yet every week, that will be have to be evaluated weekly. I think I will start challenging myself on Saturdays going forward. Seeing how many consecutive swings I can do before having to set the kettlebell down, kind of challenge.

September 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 10

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Today felt good. I sped up a little on my swings, but I still felt like I had more in me. Getups were solid, but I know they can be better after these three days, so greater focus is needed in them.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom