all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Jan 16 - Jan 21

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Travelled to see family, and of course, forgot to grab a kettlebell. So, for the last five days, I have done some simple mobility work every day. Back to the kettlebell work tomorrow night.

January 22

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

After 5 days of no kettlebell, I decided to just work with the 20 kg tonight. Everything felt good, so a couple more sessions before I grab the 24 kg again.

January 23

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Punch the clock session today. Nothing was too difficult, but I focused more on recovery than pace. One or two more "easy" sessions, and then I will grab a smaller kettlebell and do the non-stop session as outlined in the book. I am so glad someone brought that up in another thread, because I completely forgot about that challenge session.

January 24

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 8 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Simple session tonight, had things to do still wanted to workout. So, when in doubt, S&T is always a great program to fall back on for good work.

January 26

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Tough morning, almost didn't grab a kettlebell. I woke up stiff, sore, and completely unmotivated. After the mobility work, I decided to just do my regular session. Good thing too, as I loosened up with the Goblet Squats, and then everything started feeling better.

January 27

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 2 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 2 x 5/5 x 28 kg

Busy day today, lots of things to be done ahead of the coming storm. Had just enough time to get in this session. This workout never gets tiresome. I always feel great afterwards.

January 28

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Ok, so, apparently, diet does indeed make a difference. I started the Carnivore diet on Sunday, and had no energy all day, nor this evening. While I wasn't exhausted after my mobility work, there was no way I was doing swings & get ups. So, I stayed on the mat and just stretched out some more. I guess this will be a deload week while I adapt to this new way of eating and fueling my body.

January 29

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. I had to focus more on recovery tonight, as I am still assimilating to my new diet. Still, things went well, so I will keep on the diet.

I had quite a bit of a uh, "adjustment period" when I tried the meat only thing although it wasn't related to energy level. I bet you'll feel better in a day or two.

Yeah, I am experiencing somewhat of, uh, an......"adjustment period" as well, but the fatigue is kicking my butt far more than that.........

I had quite a bit of a uh, "adjustment period" when I tried the meat only thing although it wasn't related to energy level. I bet you'll feel better in a day or two.

January 30

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Another good session today. Recovery was once again more important than pace. This session went far better, however, I am still adjusting. Today was better, by far, but I am still very much a work in process diet-wise. The ironic thing is, my actual recovery from my sessions is feeling better than before.

When I was in Portugal, I encountered my first Brazilian Steakhouse. All you can eat meat & sides......what a find that was. When we were in Memphis, we found another one, and it was even better, at the time. The salad bar was enormous, and the meats were excellent. There are a couple up here in the frozen tundra, I might have to make the trip to go to one......

Where was this economical feast? I am truly jealous of that price. Fogo de Chao, in Rosemont is $38 for lunch during the week, and $42 on the weekend. Dinner prices are $56 per person regardless. Brazil Express Grill in Schaumburg is a little more affordable, Lunch on Friday is $25, dinner is $35 Mon-Thur, and $38 Fri-Sun.

You would have liked the Brazilian restaurant we ate at yesterday. All you can eat meat. $10.00USD

When I was in Portugal, I encountered my first Brazilian Steakhouse. All you can eat meat & sides......what a find that was. When we were in Memphis, we found another one, and it was even better, at the time. The salad bar was enormous, and the meats were excellent. There are a couple up here in the frozen tundra, I might have to make the trip to go to one......

Where was this economical feast? I am truly jealous of that price. Fogo de Chao, in Rosemont is $38 for lunch during the week, and $42 on the weekend. Dinner prices are $56 per person regardless. Brazil Express Grill in Schaumburg is a little more affordable, Lunch on Friday is $25, dinner is $35 Mon-Thur, and $38 Fri-Sun.
Mexico

January 31

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 3 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 28 kg

Good, steady session tonight. Cleans felt crisp, and the presses felt solid from start to finish, and the bent over rows were challenging yet doable.

February 2

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 28 kg

My day was planned before I finished my coffee today. So, a quick session pressing and rowing was in order again today. I do enjoy the versatility and variety of working with kettlebells.

February 3

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Great session this afternoon. The kettlebell felt lighter than expected, and every movement was almost effortless. My swings were very sharp, crisp and easy; and my TGUs were equally effortless. It may be time to add a session back in with the 24 kg kettlebell and begin my progression to the 32 kg.

February 4

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Snatch 1 x 5/5 x 16kg

Time seems to be an opponent that I cannot stay ahead of lately. I barely had time tonight to get some work in, thanks to some brutal traffic conditions. However, I played around a little and I think I discovered how to perform the snatch. While I am not 100% certain, it felt right, and the kettlebell didn't slam down on my forearm, so I may have finally cracked the code on how to perform the snatch.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom