all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
February 4

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Snatch 1 x 5/5 x 16kg

Time seems to be an opponent that I cannot stay ahead of lately. I barely had time tonight to get some work in, thanks to some brutal traffic conditions. However, I played around a little and I think I discovered how to perform the snatch. While I am not 100% certain, it felt right, and the kettlebell didn't slam down on my forearm, so I may have finally cracked the code on how to perform the snatch.

Time is a wonderful teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils.
- Hector Berlioz

February 5

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 2 x 10 x 24 kg, 8 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 1 x 2 x 24 kg, 4 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session this evening. I added work with the 24 kg tonight, and it felt very good. This will be my template for a bit. Of course, it will depend on how I feel tomorrow.

February 6

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 6 x 3/3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 28 kg

Strong session tonight, everything felt good. Time was once again short, so pressing and pulling it was again this evening. Rather than retesting my 1RM next time, I will just start the program over with the 28 kg kettlebell. I feel that I am not quite finished with it for this program.

February 7

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 24 kg, 6 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 2 x 24 kg, 3 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. The 24 kg felt lighter, so I added more work with it, and if felt great. It is odd to say that the 24 kg felt light, but it amazingly did. I may have to add another set in my next session.

February 9

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg, 4 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 24 kg, 2 x 2 x 20 kg

Strong session this morning, I was really feeling good when I hit the mat today. The additional set with the 24 kg felt great, no wobble or shake in my swings ot get ups. I think I will do this session at least a couple more times before adding in an additional set with the 24 kg, my next session will be my measuring stick.

February 10
Spent 3+ hours cleaning up the school that allows my rugby team to hold indoor practices. They hold this event yearly called Street Scenes, where you get to eat, drink (soda, water, and adult libations), as well as listen to music & "gamble". It is a huge fundraiser for the school. The school is both Catholic and private, which is how they are allowed to hold this event. I was trashed physically afterwards, so no workout on this day.

February 11

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 1/1 x 32 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 32 kg

Time was valuable tonight, so Soju & Tuba for the quick session. The 32 kg is still formidable, and requires respect from me. I did the cleans & presses,a as well as all the rows, but there was a little bit of DOMS in my back when I woke up this morning. So, light stretching will be in order today, and my next S&T session will be with the 28 kg, as I look to master it through a full table of S&T.

February 10
Spent 3+ hours cleaning up the school that allows my rugby team to hold indoor practices. They hold this event yearly called Street Scenes, where you get to eat, drink (soda, water, and adult libations), as well as listen to music & "gamble". It is a huge fundraiser for the school. The school is both Catholic and private, which is how they are allowed to hold this event. I was trashed physically afterwards, so no workout on this day.

February 11

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 1/1 x 32 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 32 kg

Time was valuable tonight, so Soju & Tuba for the quick session. The 32 kg is still formidable, and requires respect from me. I did the cleans & presses,a as well as all the rows, but there was a little bit of DOMS in my back when I woke up this morning. So, light stretching will be in order today, and my next S&T session will be with the 28 kg, as I look to master it through a full table of S&T.
We used to go to that Street Scenes...

February 12

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches
90/90 Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg, 4 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 2 x 24 kg, 2 x 2 x 20 kg

Solid session tonight. Get ups were a little tough to begin with, probably a carry over from S&T. Which leaves me with a dilemma, do I continue S&T along side S&S, or do I start working on snatches for nights when I don't have time for S&S? I guess it is time for some research and reading.....

February 13

Unscheduled day off today. I did do some light stretching in the evening, but nothing worth recording. I do like the idea of splitting the swings & TGUs up, and performing them on alternate days. However, that doesn't seem to be what I would call enough work for one day. I know that sounds like heresy, but I do enjoy the whole workout session, and feeling the next day that I pushed the limit of what I can do daily and fully recover.

Oh, I understood the Star Wars reference, I saw the original 3 in theaters back in the day.....I wasn't aware, Darth Masa, that there were those on here with the midichlorians telling them to split the movements.......

Star Wars humour. The minority who split swings and getups. Like it was meant to be in the beginning. There is a few among us already. Rebellions. Far, far away in the galaxy...;)

Oh, I understood the Star Wars reference, I saw the original 3 in theaters back in the day.....I wasn't aware, Darth Masa, that there were those on here with the midichlorians telling them to split the movements.......
Yes, but seriously speaking if you like to do S&S as is, then don't fix if it ain't broken. When in doubt, trying the split won't cost you anything. At least then you know which way to go.(y)

May the force be with you.ROFL

I think I will give it a go, why not.

Yes, but seriously speaking if you like to do S&S as is, then don't fix if it ain't broken. When in doubt, trying the split won't cost you anything. At least then you know which way to go.(y)

May the force be with you.ROFL

I switched to splitting the two movements a few weeks ago @Michael Scott. I've made much more progress on both movements and I can do whatever I want as far as amount of swings and get-ups. I range between 20-30 sets of 5 reps done every minute on the minute with the 32kg for swings or maybe 10-18 rounds of ten reps with the 24kg. For TGU I start with a few reps with the 12kg and slowly work up to the 24kg for 3/3,4/4 0r 5/5. I've made much more progress and never feel rushed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom