all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
February 22
Regular day off, no training, some light stretching.

February 23

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 10 x 5 x 32 kg
1HS 10 x 5 x 28 kg

20 minutes of heavy swings, and they felt good. I am liking this splitting the two up into separate sessions.

March 2

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 20 x 5 x 24 kg

5 1HS EMOM for 20 minutes.....good work with energy left in the tank again today. This seems to be my current threshold. It is challenging, but not taxing. So, I think I will ignore that little voice that keeps saying to add work with the 28 kg.........

March 4

Mobility Work

I am easing back on the load I am putting on my CNS, as I believe I may have been overdoing things a bit, & not listening to my body. Granted, I am on a new diet, along with working out, but something isn't quite working. So, I am easing back one session, and watching what I am consuming, to see where I am going wrong.

@Michael Scott - I feel you on easing back, I do it all the time. There a periods of a few weeks were I might swing one day, tgu the next swing the day after that and then take a day off and then start back with the get up and repeat. You've increased your volume quite a bit in the last few weeks, this is normal.

March 5

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 20 x 5 x 24 kg

5 1HS EMOM for 20 minutes.....good work with energy left in the tank again today. This will be my current threshold for a while.

March 7

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

TGU 1 x 1/1 x 28 kg/24 kg/20 kg/24 kg/20 kg

Whew, that was a challenge. The 28 kg went up, but I needed some extra recovery before the rest of the session. The 24 kg was a challenge the first time around, but it went up easier the second time. The 20 kg felt very light in this session......

March 8

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. I did 10 1HS EMOM for 10 minutes. While it was challenging, my recovery was rather quick after the 10 minutes were over. I did enjoy this, and I was surprised that it felt kind of easy.

March 9

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

TGU 1 x 1/1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Rough day today, felt like I drank with Charlie Sheen last night when I woke up. Sadly, I didn't have anything to drink last night. I was also in serious need of mobility work today. So, lots of work loosening up the old body, and lighter kettlebells to work with led to an enjoyable session.

March 10

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 20 x 6 x 24 kg

Today saw 6 1HS EMOM for 20 minutes. I figured that, when 10 EMOM with the 20 kg went so well, that adding one rep every minute should be good. Time will tell if they feel as good as they felt during my work.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom