all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
March 11

Took the day off.

March 12

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

TGU 1 x 1/1 x 24/20/24/20/20 kg

A good little wave the load session tonight. The 24 kg felt a little heavy in the first set, but felt good in the third set. I wanted to leave some in the tank, so the last two sets were with the 20 kg. Felt good all around.

March 13

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg

Punch the clock session tonight. Everything felt sharp, loved finding the float with almost every swing in this session. It may be time to start adding the 24 kg back in to my work

March 16

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 20 kg

Added work with the 24 kg today. It felt good to using it again. I left some in the tank, as I didn't want to go overboard using the 24 kg. The 20 kg felt really light in this last sets. I feel real progress so far since I split the exercises up and are doing them on separate days.

Last edited:
March 17

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

TGU 3 x 1/1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Punch the clock session today. I find it interesting that get-ups seem to get easier after the first set. A couple more sessions like this, and it might be time to add an additional set with the 24 kg.

March 18

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 20 kg

Simple punch the clock session tonight. The swings were sharp and crisp from start to finish, with the float in most reps. A couple more sessions and another set with the 24 kg will be in order.

March 19

Halo 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

TGU 1 x 1/1 x 24 kg
TGU 3 x 1/1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1

What a rough night tonight. Halos and GS were great, but my get ups were brutal. I barely made it up with the 24 kg, and after the second set with the 20 kg I was literally done. I did 2 sets with just my body weight, but it was a struggle for some reason tonight. I believe I will take tomorrow off just in case I missed something while training lately.

March 24

Halo 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 20 kg

That felt good. A week of alternating swings & get ups should get me reset. I did nothing the last few days but some light mobility work & loads of walking. I felt good after my session today. I am not sure what happened, but I will listen a little more to my body, and come back slowly, building up to where I want to be. I think my diet may have had something to with my failure last week, along with sleep and other contributing factors of course. However, I may have not been taking in enough calories to fed my body.....so, more whole foods, besides proteins, along with plenty of water, and an improved focus on sleep & recovery should benefit me.

March 26

Halo 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

TGU 2 x 1/1 x 24 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Some get up work tonight, and they all felt good. I will have to stay patient with these, and take my time before going up in weight. Tomorrow will tell me if this is enough work or too much. Still, all around enjoyable without leaving me gassed.

March 27

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 6 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Good session tonight, everything felt sharp and crisp, rows felt strong. I think swings EMOM will be tomorrow nights session, with a full S&S set on Saturday. It is about time to get back to work.

March 28

Halo 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
1HS 4 x 10 x 20 kg

Good swing session, everything felt good again tonight. I was going to go EMOM, but I decided against it. This felt good after a few days off, so why not just do what works? Regular day off tomorrow, then a full session of S&S, probably on both Saturday & Sunday.

March 30

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 8 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Wasn't feeling get ups today, so another session of S&T was the program of choice today. Felt good, so I made the right decision. Have to do S&S tomorrow.....

March 31

No training today, did things around the house instead. Frustrating moment today, when I was reading about the meds I am taking. Apparently one of them may be the root cause of some issues I have been having lately. So, time to reach out to the PCM and discuss alternatives. In the meantime, I will be altering my training to only be doing S&T, and maybe some light Strength Aerobics.

Happy freaking Monday.....:mad::mad::mad:

April 1

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 10 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 10 x 5/5 x 24 kg

That was a challenging session. Lack of sleep, along with a rough day, made this a real challenge to stay focused on recovery. Still, felt good afterwards, with no DOMS as the evening went along. I think I will add Strength Aerobics in between S&T sessions, using a lighter kettlebell, and focusing on form as well as time splits.

April 2

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Mobility Work

Strength Aerobics, clean, press and squat every 20 seconds, alternating left and right, for 20 minutes with a 20 kg kettlebell. Good session, heart rate up, sweating well, and breathing a little heavy. Less than 10 minutes later, heart rate has almost completely recovered, and breathing is back to normal.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom