all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
April 21

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I watched the clock closer tonight, and I am right at the 5 minutes limit for swings, and I was definitely under 10 minutes with my get ups. One more week of working like this and I should be ready to add a couple of sets with the 24 kg back into my work.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting off the meds!

Nothing like finishing a good session, checking the clock and realizing you are close to it. Onward to Simple!

Thank you! It was a great feeling when I heard that. Now, this is only a one month trial, but things are looking good so far. I just need to focus on my diet, exercise regularly, and getting good sleep......

Yeah, it was interesting, I set the kettlebell down from my swings almost dead on the 5 minute mark....that really made me watch the clock during my get ups. The ironic thing is, except for when I was learning how to perform the get up properly, I am not sure it has taken me 10 minutes to do 10 getups. 8 or 9 minutes, sure, but then again, I don't watch the clock most of the time. I usually focus on recovery before I start another set.....I guess I need to start paying more attention to the clock.....

Congrats on getting off the meds!

Nothing like finishing a good session, checking the clock and realizing you are close to it. Onward to Simple!

April 22

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 3 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 24 kg

I read the article this afternoon, where the author said he would have preferred to have this session have 8 reps, and he thought that 9 reps were too much at this point. Having been through this program a couple times, I thought I could handle the 9 reps this time. The third set was a little bit of a challenge, but it felt good at the end.

Great to hear about your success with the diet and exercise! How have you enjoyed the carnivore diet? Have you developed a routine and if so, what's it like?

@Antti I eat bacon and eggs in the morning, and steak/chicken/pork with cheese in the evening, through the week, and I eat lunch & dinner on the weekends. Coffee is consumed in the morning every day.

I drink a gallon of water or so every day. I get my exercising in before the evening meal through the week, and before my first meal on the weekends.

April 23

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Tonight's focus was on recovering between sets. The time spent doing Strength Aerobics, along with splitting the swings & get ups seems to have paid off. Even on a day like today, where I wasn't feeling strong or particularly motivated, I performed this session with little to no waiver or breakdown in form from start to finish. I do believe this may be my last week working with just the 20 kg.

Last edited:
April 24-27

Welcome to being ill. Fatigue set in at work, then all of a sudden I was cold. I came home, put on sweats, and laid on the couch, hoping to sweat it out. No dice, so, a day off from work should have done the trick, not quite. I was well enough to go to work, but that was pushing it. Saturday should have been a day of work, but I still had not shaken the bug completely.

April 28

Enough of being sick, time to work it out of my system. While I cannot shake the feeling of being cold completely, I felt good enough to get back to work.

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

1HS 2 x 10 x 24 kg, 8 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 3 x 2 x 20 kg

Yes, that was what I needed. The 24 kg kettlebell felt good today, so did the rest of my session. Since I introduced the heavier kettlebell, focus was once again on recovery between sets. I won't push the time factor for a while, I will be using the 24 kg for all sets first. So, maybe every other session I will add another set with it, until I am only using the 24 kg, without DOMS impacting my Soju & Tuba work.

April 29

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Mobility Work

Clean & Press 4 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Good session tonight. I am working my way to the end of this program, sadly. However, I may re-start with the 28 kg kettlebell. Then again, I may run through this one more time with the 24 kg first. Either way, this is such an enjoyable program to follow.

May 2

2H Deadlifts 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Single Leg Deadlifts 3 x 5/5

Clean & Press 5 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

I added some deadlifts and SLDL's for some additional work tonight. They really helped loosen me up for my session tonight. One more session of Soju & Tuba and I should be able to clean & press the 32 kg for more than one repetition with each arm. I will more than likely run through S&T again, but I haven't decided if I will go up to the 28 kg, or run through again with the 24 kg.

May 4

Mobility Work
2H Deadlifts 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 24 kg, 6 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 3 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Solid session today. The mobility work, along with the deadlifts and SLDL's are really making a difference in my work. I think I will focus on S&S primarily, moving forward, with S&T being supportive work.

Last edited:
May 5

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 4 x 10 x 24 kg, 6 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 2 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 3 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Steady, solid session today. It is weird, but the work with the 24 kg kettlebell feels better than the work with the 20 kg kettlebell. The way this session felt today, I will be adding another set with the 24 kg kettlebell in my next session.

May 6

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg, 4 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Who would have thought that adding an additional set with the 24 kg would have been that challenging? Since I am focusing on recovery between sets at this point, I was ok. However, that was the toughest session in a while. Still, my get ups felt better under the 24 kg kettlebell. Almost three years in, and I am still having WTH moments......

May 7

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 6 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Last session of Soju & Tuba, for this pass through. Good all around session from the first deadlift to the last bent over row. I will more than likely re-start S&T with the 24 kg again. I am not certain that I can go through with the 28 kg, yet. Oh well, more good work is ahead of me.

May 8

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg, 4 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Solid work tonight. The extra work with the 24 kg kettlebell is still a bit of a challenge, however, it is still manageable. A couple more sessions like this will be in order before I think about adding another set with the 24 kg.......

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom