all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
May 10

Mobility Work
2H Deadlifts 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Single Leg Deadlifts 3 x 5/5

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg, 4 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 3 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 2 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Steady work tonight. A few more sessions like this and I will be adding another set with the 24 kg. Until then, I am just enjoying the ride.

May 11

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 1/1 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 1/1 x 28 kg

New Soju & Tuba session began today. I decided that I needed to at least start with the 28 kg, to see how far I can make it with this kettlebell. Today felt good, so I should be able to make it a few days in before I have to drop back down to the 24 kg. I was happy with my work today.

May 12

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Today I challenged myself a little with my time, shortened rest and more focus on power in my swings and maintaining a strong base in my get ups. What a session. While I know I am supposed to leave something in the tank while making progress, today didn't leave much, but it did show me that I have more in me that I am not tapping into in these sessions. All around great work that surprised me today.

May 13

Day of rest, as we celebrated Mother's Day after work today. We went to Olive Garden, as this was where the Moms wanted to go. Breadsticks, pasta and wine really broke my diet today, along with the 8 layer Chocolate Brownie Lasagna dessert I ordered for them. Back to work and the carnivore diet tomorrow.

chocolate-brownie-lasagna-dpv-590x365.jpg

May 14

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 6 x 1/1 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 28 kg

Well, this is the limit for me with the 28 kg kettlebell. I powered through this session, but I will be dropping back down to the 24 kg for my next session. The DOMS tells me that it is time to back off a little.

May 15

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 8 x 10 x 24 kg, 2 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 4 x 1/1 x 24 kg, 1 x 1/1 x 20 kg

I decided to drop the deadlifts and SLDL's, and to focus on stretching tonight, for a change of pace. I was feeling like I just needed to stretch, and boy, I guess I did. The stretching really felt great tonight.

Earlier I read in another thread where @Anna C stated that Goblet Squats should be done with your swing weight. So, I thought, lets see if I can do both the Halo's & Goblet Squats with the 24 kg. It was challenging, but doable.

I also decided to add an additional set with the 24 kg kettlebell. I felt that it was time to add another set. The additional set was also a challenge, but doable. So, I now have both my warm up and routine. This time, the 24 kg feels right.

May 16

Mobility Work

Poor sleep, poor sleeping positions, and a day of meetings leads to a stiff body. For whatever reason, I did not sleep well last night, and I woke up in knots. I tried to work them out, but was not completely successful. Then, I get to sit around all day in meetings......just what I did not need.

30 minutes of stretching and mobility work were apparently not enough, as I was not successful loosening up after work. So, rugby practice was my saving grace, as I finally shook off most of the stiffness by moving around for 2 hours. I would normally attribute this to my workout, but it just felt like more than just DOMS, so I will leave the extra reps with the 24 kg in my routine, but I will drop back down to the 20 kg for Halos & GS, to see if maybe that was what did me in.

May 17

Mobility work

Scheduled day off, and it was needed. I have to think I overdid it with the 24 kg, and my body told me so. So, another day of stretching was in order. It did make a real difference, so I guess you can indeed "brake for the curves".

May 18

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

I went back to this pattern today, and it felt good. I really took my time, and focused on recovery before I started my next set. I will have to be a little more patient moving forward.

May 19

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 8 x 1/1 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 5/5 x 24 kg

I went back to using the 24 kg instead of the 28 kg, and it did make a difference. I do still enjoy the simplicity of this program, even though I did add the bent over rows myself. Back to S&S tomorrow.

May 20

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Good session again tonight. I reduced the recovery time between sessions tonight, and everything still felt good. I will do this again most of this week and next week as well. I am shooting for all 10 sets with the 24 kg before Father's Day, so time to get after S&S.

I am shooting for all 10 sets with the 24 kg before Father's Day, so time to get after S&S.

Much as I believe in setting goals and challenging yourself - I also believe that "deadlines" can be the enemy of real progress. They have a tendency to override our natural intelligence - the part that says "don't hurt yourself, dummy".

Just a warning. You're getting stronger. Don't let "not enough progress" be the enemy of progress.

Well said.

Much as I believe in setting goals and challenging yourself - I also believe that "deadlines" can be the enemy of real progress. They have a tendency to override our natural intelligence - the part that says "don't hurt yourself, dummy".

Just a warning. You're getting stronger. Don't let "not enough progress" be the enemy of progress.

May 21

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Punch the clock session tonight. Nothing too strenuous, nothing too easy, just steady, simple work. Everything felt good again in this session, mainly because I am focusing on recovery between sets. I am going to forgo my Soju & Tuba work for the most part for a while. I want to really focus on my form in this program.

Follow up visit to my Primary Care Provider and all is still well. In fact, due to my diet, and exercise, I am now on another trial period, where I will be recording and tracking my blood pressure and blood glucose, this time for three months. He was very pleased with my lab results, and said to keep doing what I am doing, because it is working. So, I will stick to my carnivore (mostly, cheat days occur...;):eek::D), and I will continue my pursuit of Simple.

Yeah, an adult libation or two will be consumed in celebration of my results. :D:D:D

Well, that was great news. I spoke to my Primary Care Provider about the meds I was prescribed, because I was concerned about the side effects. After reviewing my blood work, he suggested that I stop all my meds for a month. He said, "the diet & exercise have apparently been working, so keep at them, and let's stop the meds to see if you need them any more." As a Type 2 Diabetic, this is some of the best news I can receive. All my results beat my goals, which means that the kettlebells, and the carnivore diet, have done more in a couple of months than the meds did for me in years.

So, I had to share. Now, it is time to sort out some stretching routines, complete this round of Soju & Tuba, and then my chase to hit the Simple Standard begins again.

May 22

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Another solid session tonight, swings were sharp and get ups were strong. Everything felt solid and steady tonight. This was the best session so far this week.

Follow up visit to my Primary Care Provider and all is still well. In fact, due to my diet, and exercise, I am now on another trial period, where I will be recording and tracking my blood pressure and blood glucose, this time for three months. He was very pleased with my lab results, and said to keep doing what I am doing, because it is working. So, I will stick to my carnivore (mostly, cheat days occur...;):eek::D), and I will continue my pursuit of Simple.

I'm really glad to hear this! No pill in the world can match exercise and a healthy diet for overall long term health.
I'm curious, how was your other blood values beside blood sugar and blood pressure?
I would've guessed that the "bad cholesterol", liver function test and blood fats would be higher than recommended on a "extreme" LCHF-diet like carnivore (meaning mostly red meat and butter).
Happy for you! (y)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom