all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
December 16

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 3 x 3/3 x 12 kg/12 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 24 kg/24 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5

I decided to try double kettlebell work tonight. Mainly due to the plumber we called was supposed to show up tonight. My DOMS was very minimal, primarily in my hips, but nothing major. So, I have built up some endurance that I didn't realize I was building. Definitely another WTH moment.

The double kettlebell work was interesting, but not as difficult as I was expecting. The 12 kg kettlebells were almost too light, but the bent over rows with a 24 kg in each hand were just challenging enough to stick with them. The SLDLs are going to become part of my daily routine, as they are finally feeling strong and stable. I may even start loading them.

Last edited:
December 17

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Back to S&S tonight, and damn if it didn't feel good. S&T is great, same for SA, but this still feels best.

December 23

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5

That felt good. I took a few days off to spend with family, and to recharge. I went with S&T because we still had loads of things to do, but the kettlebells needed some attention...:D:D:D:D:D

December 26

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

You gotta dance with who brung ya. Achieving the Simple standard has been my goal for a couple of years, with distractions because other programs always look good when you feel like you are grinding. However, the daily grind is what S&S is all about, the ability to perform these exercises daily. Besides, working with the 24 kg kettlebell was where I stalled last year. This time, I feel more comfortable with it in my hands.

December 27

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 1/1 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Wow, was this a great session tonight, as I went for true double kettlebell work. Cleans & presses with a 20 kg in each hand, bent over rows with a 24 kg in each hand, and SLDLs for the first time ever with weight, 12 kg in each hand. I did double SLDLs for balance as much as anything else, and wow those felt good. I might have to add weighted SLDLs into my S&S work.

December 28

Commando Rock
Inverted Tactical Frog
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
SLDL 3 x 5/5 x 12 kg

1HS 6 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 3 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Yeah, yesterday's session took a little more out of me than I thought it would. I may drop back down to the 20 kg and alternate these programs again. I know I'm chasing the Simple standard, but damn if S&T isn't addictive to me still.....

December 29

Commando Rock
Inverted Tactical Frog
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg

Dropped down for my presses and bent over rows, made a real difference in my work. S&S tomorrow is the plan. This double kettlebell work is a big difference

December 30

Commando Rock
Inverted Tactical Frog
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
SLDL 3 x 5/5 x 12 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Dropped down to the 20 kg, and, well, this is the limit for now. Between the double kettlebell work and S&S, I will definitely need to drop down & slow down. Still, these two programs should really be some great work.

December 31

Commando Rock
Inverted
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 6 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Last session of the year, and last session for a few days. This felt amazing to complete. I am taking a few days off to just relax and recharge while visiting family. January 5 sees the pursuit of Simple start anew. I will be practicing S&S primarily, with the occasional S&T thrown in.

Happy New Year

January 8

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 6 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Went with this session, due to time constraints. I think I will drop back down and use the 20 kg for everything again, and work through S&S and S&T to get up to the 24 kg. A week off doesn't seem like much, but it felt a little heavy, oddly. So, discretion will win out, and I will slow down and work my way back up to the 24 kg.

January 9-11

Hello stomach flu, I believe. Something caused real gastrointestinal distress in me over night. I spent one day resting and recovering from this distress, and two more days dealing with the lingering impact. So, back to the carnivore diet I go. I made the mistake of going off the diet over the holidays, and that may have added to my distress.

January 12

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Went lighter tonight, and while it was a challenge, it wasn't rough. Still, this will be my template for a few weeks, as I finish recovering from last week. Plus, the double kettlebell S&T work will also be taxing, so take a step back in order to move forward it will be.

January 13

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 8 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg

S&T tonight, went with just 4 sets of rows & SLDLs, and that felt good. After almost 2 weeks of bad diet practices, and a few too many adult libations, this was challenging. Now that I have my head on straight, I hope to start making some real progress with these two programs.

January 14

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Easing back into my routine means that I took tonight off to work on my flexibility. This felt good, as I just sat in stretches for a few seconds more than I normally would. I might have to make this a regular part of my routine.

January 15

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

I am starting over, as I realized that I was not doing the correct number of sets, I was counting a set as 2 instead of one. So, I decided to start over, and do 4 sets of 1 press, with each set only counting as one.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom