all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I try to add at least 30 minute walks per day too. It really relaxes and it’s good for the back etc.

Last edited:
April 21

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 20 kg

This was a little easier than last week, but still quite challenging. I am enjoying this program, so I may start it over again. Simplistic, but challenging is never a bad thing. I will, however, need to do some additional work on my off days, because I feel like I am not doing enought work throughout the week. Damn almost daily sessions with S&S...... ? ? ?

Stay healthy & safe!

April 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:

30 minute walk.

No mobility work this evening, a walk followed by some wine.

Stay safe & healthy!

April 23

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 4 x 6/6 x 20 kg

I really wasn't feeling the squats tonight, the first couple felt just off. So , I quit doing them and just followed the program as designed. This was by far the roughest session to date. I was exhausted when I was done, and it was in a good way. It wasn't, "I am so gassed that I cannot move", it was the "damn that was good" tired. So, I will finish this program over the next few days, and decide if I want to go back to S&S, or maybe I will try this program, as it look like just as much fun, The 12-Week Kettlebell Plan.

Stay safe & healthy!

April 28

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 10 x 3/3 x 20 kg

I restarted the program today after 5 days off. Those days off were 2 days of recovery from my last session, and three days of trying to figure how I hurt my wrist. I believe I slept on it wrong, and I could not pick up a 16 kg kettlebell, let alone a 20 kg. So, I rested and waited for it to recover. All of a sudden this morning, everything was fine once again. So I was finally able to get back to work.

So, I have a plan in place to follow, starting tonight. Session A will be this session, 10 sets of pressing double 20 kg kettlebells 3 times. NO more squats, just the pressing. Session B will be 2-Hand Swings, 5 reps every minute, on the minute, for as long as I can, I am shooting for 20 minutes to start.

April 29

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

2H Swings, 5 EMOM, 20 minutes. Yeah, that was fun. I could see doing more than 5, but I think that is enough for a while. This was both challenging and enjoyable, all at once.

Stay safe & healthy!

April 30

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Good session tonight. I rested a little longer between sets tonight, and it made a difference. I could feel the 20 minutes of 2H swings in hamstrings though, so some additional stretching on them will be in order tomorrow.

Happy May Day!

May 1

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

2H Swings, 5 EMOM, 14 minutes. I hit the wall at 14 minutes, I was absolutely gassed. So, I am going back to the drawing board, to review my thoughts and come up with a better process.

May 2

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Yeah, I gotta do something different. Loads of mobility work today, along with 2 hours of yard work left me zero energy to workout. Still, I wasn't as sore as I would have been a couple of years ago.....

May 3

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Back to square one, with a new approach, and this felt real good.

Stay safe & healthy!

May 4

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
Bent Over Row 10 x 3/3 x 20kg

My new session "B", and I enjoyed this very much. I did the swings EMOM, and the rows after the swings, rowing once I recovered. The row volume will match the pressing volume, and the swing weight will go up when the pressing weight goes up, or when the swings feel too easy at this slow pace.

Stay safe & healthy!!!

May 5

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 8 x 4/4 x 20 kg

Good session tonight, no DOMS or lingering effects from Session "B", so I may be on to something.....

Stay safe & healthy!

May 6

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 4/4 x 20kg

So far, so good. No DOMS from Session B, and no lingering effects from session A. I may not be using enough weight for Session A, but I will address that eventually. But for right now, I am just enjoying the ride.

Stay safe & healthy!

May 7

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility
90/90 Stretch

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Tough session tonight. That was a lot, especially when pausing in the rack position and at the top of the press. Still, everything felt great. I am starting to see why Geoff Neupert says in his article to do nothing else on off days, get plenty of sleep, and that I probably should be using a 24 kg kettlebell instead of the 20 kg. Nonetheless, I am sticking with my two sessions for a couple more weeks. Then I will test my pressing with the 24 kg.

Stay safe & healthy!

May 8 Scheduled Day Off

May 9 Unscheduled day off, and a day of unscheduled work

May 10

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 8 x 4/4 x 20 kg

Week two begins......so far, so good.

Stay Safe & Healthy!

May 11

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 4/4 x 20kg

Good session tonight, I went EMOM for everything. 20 kg for Halos, followed by 5 Goblet Squats, then a brief 5 minute rest. Then 10 1H swings, a brief rest, then 8 sets of bent over rows. Heart rate was definitely elevated, and I was sweating, a lot. Still, it felt real good.

Stay safe & healthy!

May 12

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Solid session tonight. I paused when I cleaned kettlebells, then I paused at the top of my press, then again in the rack position. Great time under tension.

Stay safe & healthy!

May 11

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
Bent Over Row 6 x 5/5 x 20kg

Tough session tonight, I had to talk myself into even coming downstairs, let alone grabbing the kettlebells. Then, more internal struggle to do my routine.. It has been a while since I had so little motivation. Rested more between sets instead of EMOM as a compromise to keep working.

Still, I felt amazing when I finished. Nothing like how I felt when I began, or even halfway through this session. Definitely a WTH moment, how do I feel better when I am done than how I felt before and during my work? Not relief, but actually like, yeah, I needed that........

Stay safe & healthy!

ough session tonight, I had to talk myself into even coming downstairs, let alone grabbing the kettlebells. Then, more internal struggle to do my routine.. It has been a while since I had so little motivation. Rested more between sets instead of EMOM as a compromise to keep working.

Still, I felt amazing when I finished.
Way to go! I have had more than my share of days like that recently. I think because the overall stress of the world is very high now it's harder to know when to push and when to ease up. It seems like you found a good compromise.

May 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 4 x 6/6 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. The first two sets were simple enough, but I stayed to recovering before starting the next set. Good thing to, because sets three and four were significantly harder. I think I took 5 minutes between sets three and 4, and for the first time in a while, I actually just sat down after my last set. Ironically, I felt like I recovered faster after set four than three though. One more session, then I will test myself to see if I can press half my bodyweight 1-3 times. Then, I will test to see what my maximum amount of reps will be with the 20 kg, a couple of days later of course. If I can do both, then I will re-start this with the 24 kg.

Stay safe & healthy!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom