all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Well, November 28 saw me fall awkwardly on my left arm, no structural damage, but I spent the last week doing simple mobility work because my shoulder and elbow were unhappy with me picking up a kettlebell.

Health-wise, everything has been good, just simple seasonal allergies now. I know this, because OTC medications worked when I feel ill.

How is everything going with you?

Everything still good?

Well, November 28 saw me fall awkwardly on my left arm, no structural damage, but I spent the last week doing simple mobility work because my shoulder and elbow were unhappy with me picking up a kettlebell.

Health-wise, everything has been good, just simple seasonal allergies now. I know this, because OTC medications worked when I feel ill.

How is everything going with you?
Just living the dream my friend...

December 14

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 12 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 12 kg

1HS: 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
TGU: 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Finally felt good enough to try swinging a kettlebell, and man alive, that felt good. While I have regressed, which is a given, this felt like it should feel. Swings were light and easy, get ups were solid and strong. So, unless I am sore tomorrow, I will be grabbing the kettlebell again tomorrow.

December 15

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 12 kg

Tonight felt way too easy for my second session. While I know I didn't do my swings in 5 minutes, they were easy, easier than yesterday by far. Get ups were done in about 12 minutes, and I consciously slowed down after the first set, because I was afraid I was rushing the movement.....nope, apparently this kettlebell is already becoming too light. Common sense says to perform a couple more sessions, make sure that things are going well.

December 16 - Took a day off, because I felt a little soreness & stiffness that I couldn't shake with stretching. Rest is a part of training, so this was an easy day.

December 17

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 12 kg

Yep, time to move up in weight. My swings were crisp and sharp, and performed in 5 minutes and 1-3 seconds. My last swing happened as the 5 minute mark was passed. So, 1 to 3 seconds to complete my swing and park the kettlebell. Get ups were done in around 8 minutes, strong and solid throughout. One more session with the 12 kg tomorrow, a rest day to follow, and I then I will add a set or two with the 16 kg kettlebell, depending on how the first set feels.

December 18

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 12 kg

Easy session today, rested 2+ minutes between sets, because I could do so. Day off tomorrow, then back at it on Sunday.

December 20

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS: 16, 12, 12, 12, 12
TGU: 16, 12, 12, 12, 12

Good first session with the 16 kg kettlebell. Took my time, rested between sets, and felt good from start to finish.

December 21

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS: 16, 12, 12, 12, 12
TGU: 16, 12, 12, 12, 12

Another good session tonight, swings were solid, and get ups were strong. Still, the 12 kg kettlebell feels so light in my work. The 16 kg kettlebell feels just right so far. I may add another set with the 16 kg in my next session, it will, of course, depend on how it feels & how I’m feeling.

December 22

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS: 16, 16, 12, 12, 12
TGU: 16, 16, 12, 12, 12

I was feeling good this afternoon, so I added a second set. That really felt good, and the 12 kg kettlebell is really starting to feel light. One more session with the two sets of 16kg kettlebells, then it may be time for a third set.

December 23 - Unexpected day off, rest when you can I guess.....preparing for the holidays took priority tonight.

December 24

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS: 16, 16, 12, 12, 12
TGU: 16, 16, 12, 12, 12

Easy pace to my session tonight, no pushing, nothing but relaxed work was the plan of action. Wow, that was an interesting session, I usually challenge myself during each session, but not tonight. It felt off, but it worked just as well as a session where I push myself.

Happy Holidays to you and your family from me and my family!!!

December 25: Merry Christmas and a day off.

December 26: This last quarter of the year has not been kind to me. I woke up this morning with a slightly swollen ankle and tightness in my Achilles tendon right at the heel. I spent the day stretching and icing my ankle and taking ibuprofen, with no work being done, obviously.

December 27: By the end of the evening, progress was made with the swelling and stiffness. I wish I knew what the hell happened.

December 28: Best my ankle has felt in 3 days, so some light mobility work and stretching with ibuprofen was all I was prepared to do today. Hopefully I can start back up tomorrow. I hope you and yours had a great weekend!

December 25: Merry Christmas and a day off.

December 26: This last quarter of the year has not been kind to me. I woke up this morning with a slightly swollen ankle and tightness in my Achilles tendon right at the heel. I spent the day stretching and icing my ankle and taking ibuprofen, with no work being done, obviously.

December 27: By the end of the evening, progress was made with the swelling and stiffness. I wish I knew what the hell happened.

December 28: Best my ankle has felt in 3 days, so some light mobility work and stretching with ibuprofen was all I was prepared to do today. Hopefully I can start back up tomorrow. I hope you and yours had a great weekend!
Hope you’re doing better soon buddy! It’s funny, as I have gotten older I will wake up with random injuries like that. I figure my body is not aligned properly and laying in bed makes some issues worse. I started doing a few light corrective stretches and it doesn’t seem to happen as much now.

January 3

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16

I am so glad to finally get back to work. I decided to start with all sets being with the 16 kg, because it was feeling good during warmups. Good first session for the new year. I made sure I recovered between sets, and everything felt very good, so I have my plan to work on.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

January 4

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Rough day today, felt like I fell off the roof. Just stiff all over, so I went with mobility work and stretching. I felt amazing afterwards, and a little tired. I think the combination of time off and a new diet wiped me out. I’ll have to take it day by day.

January 5

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 4 x 1/1 x 20 kg
Bent Over Rows 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg

This felt great tonight. I don’t understand why this is so enjoyable....but damn if it isn’t... I am going to work this program for a couple cycles. I will supplement with swings on my off days.

January 6

I come home, and my wife asks me to come with her to run errands. No way I thought we would be out almost all night, but things happen. It has become apparent that this will be an easy week as I get back into it. Life happens, and rest is a part of any good workout plan.......right?

January 7

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 6 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Good session this evening, I do enjoy this program for some strange reason. I may add the Single Leg DLs back in, maybe not. I will test them out in my next Soju & Tuba session first.

January 8

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Decided that I would take today and tomorrow for stretching and mobility, and begin my Soju & Tuba and Swings program on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

January 10

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 8 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Another good session today. Totally forgot about adding SLDLs, oh well. Swings tomorrow, probably adding them in tomorrow.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom