all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yeah... I have heard some of that about NSAIDS as well; although I’ve also heard the opposite. At one time I lived on vitamin ‘I’ (probably as much as you do on C) but these days I really try and avoid it.
Man I used to live on ibuprofen, when I was building heavily in construction I was always super sore and tired, on top of that I had lower back issues on and off my whole life until I started swinging a kettlebell. A lot of days I would take 800 mg three or four times a day, I knew instinctively it was bad for me but I had a family to support and had to cope with it somehow.
Now my lower back is much better and I can use vitamin C to control inflammation and its associated pain. I still do physical work but not with the same intensity, and I work less hours while at the same time picking and choosing less strenuous work.

When my back was really bad, I took 3000-5000 mg of Ibuprofen daily. Took opiates and other sh!t too. Afterwards I thought the horror what it did to my intestines, but at the moment it was inevitable to keep me sane. The pain was so bad, that I wanted to go to coma.

When my back was really bad, I took 3000-5000 mg of Ibuprofen daily. Took opiates and other sh!t too. Afterwards I thought the horror what it did to my intestines, but at the moment it was inevitable to keep me sane. The pain was so bad, that I wanted to go to coma.
I feel your pain man, whoa that brings back some memories. These days I go pain free one night a week with whiskey and.... ahhh.. ?

February 28

My rowing sessions have begun. I followed the instructions in the owner's manual & did 4 sessions of 5 minutes, trying to keep my pace at 20 rows per minute. While it felt slow, I have plenty of time to get up to try and get anywhere close to @Strong Rick & @elli and their workouts.

1. 5:04 minutes, 545 meters, 500m in 4:39, strokes/minute - 21
2. 5:06 minutes, 606 meters, 500m in 4:13, strokes/minute - 22
3. 5:06 minutes, 618 meters, 500m in 4:07, strokes/minute - 23
4. 5:05 minutes, 614 meters, 500m in 4:08, strokes/minute - 21

My ankle felt good throughout, but I felt a little ache afterwards. I think this will be my daily work for the week, easy 5 minute sessions with 2-3 minutes rest in between, to get used to my new cardio work, and to let me ankle heal more. I am thinking of restarting Soju & Tuba, alternating with 1HS, then the rowing sessions afterwards, the 16 kg will be my working bell. I think this will be a good, challenging program.

March 1

Mobility work

Light rowing tonight, just to work out the light DOMS...
1. 3:06, 353m, 500m in 4:24, 21 s/m
2. 3:06, 384m, 500m in 4:02, 23 s/m
3. 3:05, 450m, 500m in 3:25, 25 s/m

Felt good to do some light work, might have to try some cleans and presses with the16 kg tomorrow.

I saw this and immediately thought of @masa and @Antti.....

View attachment 13042

That's a nice, easy to drink lager. A fine choice to buy a few of.

I don't know if they've ever really sold many of the big ones but I remember an IT company buying one for their restroom or such.

As an interesting tidbit it's illegal here to give discount on alcohol when you buy a lot. A single can must always cost as little by volume as it would cost when you bought a case like that. I think that box is close to 6500€ with a single can about 1,99€.

March 4 & 5 were also unexpected days off, as work got in the way of life.... March 6 was my scheduled day off, so I just gave in and decided to just restart my routine on Sunday.

March 7

Mobility work - stretched or loosened up my hamstrings, calves, hips and thighs. Also did some mobility work on my shoulders and back.

Felt stronger today....went farther, faster, and oddly enough easier.....20 s/m was almost impossible.

1. 5:05, 615m, 500m in 4:08, 22 s/m
2. 5:05, 678m, 500m in 3:45, 23 s/m
3. 5:03, 687m, 500m in 3:40, 23 s/m
4. 5:06, 715m, 500m in 3:34, 25 s/m

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom