all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello kettlebell family. I know it has been a while since I posted. It has been a frustrating two weeks for me. My ankle is not healing as fast as I would hope, and has hurt more since I started rowing and pressing. I am not sure exactly why, but by Wednesday or Thursday I have needed to rest. This led to my being lazy, and feeling sorry for myself.

Well, that crap is over. This week I introduced swings and get ups, and my body said, “slow down old man”......lol. My ankle is still not 100%, so get ups are out, unfortunately. However, swings felt good, and a more relaxed state of mind with the pressing, and still rowing should be good rehabilitation work for my ankle. Slow and steady for now.

My new work program will be swings on day one, and pressing and rowing on day two. Loads of mobility work, and reduced rowing time to start, and time build a better version of myself.

Stay safe and healthy!

Last edited:
April 5

Mobility Work

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

1HS 10 x 10 x 12 kg

No sense in rushing back into these. Nice easy cadence, rest between sets, and begin the healing.

April 6

Mobility Work

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju and Tuba 8 x 1/1 x 16 kg

I have been doing these as doubles, cleaning and pressing both at the same time. It just feels right, so far. No rowing tonight, as I had to work later than expected, and I had to go set up for rugby practice. I will get my rowing in in my next session.

April 7

Mobility Work

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS 10 x 10 x 12 kg

I decided to stick with the 16 kg for warm ups, and just swing the 12 kg. It felt good all around. I have found the float again at the top of my swings, such a great feeling. After this week of just kettlebell work, I will start rowing again. Slow and steady for now.

April 8

Mobility Work

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju and Tuba 10 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Good session tonight. This should be interesting to follow up these with a rowing session.

April 9 - Scheduled Day off
April 10

Mobility Work
Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju and Tuba 12 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Good morning session today. Double kettlebell presses just feel so good.

April 11 - Unscheduled day off as I spoiled my wife for her birthday. Family First.

April 12
Mobility Work
Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju and Tuba 14 x 1/1 x 16 kg
Rowing: 10:05, 1,467m, 500m in 3:26, 25 s/m

Whew, good stuff tonight. This felt better than I expected it to afterwards. Might have to slow down a bit moving forward.

April 13

Mobility Work
Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg

Went with the 16 kg tonight, actually, I just started swinging without changing kettlebells. It felt good, but I may feel it tomorrow, as this took a little more to accomplish. Time will tell.

April 14 - Unscheduled day off as work got in the way of life, then an emergency board & coaches meeting for the rugby team. It appears that our wonderful state of Illinois is going to want two negative Covid tests to practice and play. This may have killed spring Rugby for us. We haven't had great numbers out with the Mask mandate, not to mention Covid, but we will probably hold our last practice tomorrow night.

November 15

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS: 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU: 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Hello! I have begun my pursuit of S&S anew tonight. Dr. told me I need to lose some weight, along with a few other lifstyle changes, which inspired me to get back on the mat and grab my kettlebells. Enough being lazy, and drinking my nights away.

Like before, the 16 kg felt good, well, until the last two sets of get ups. Still, I powered thru, and felt better than I have in a while.

Glad to hear from you! I have some lifestyle changes in mind too, so maybe I'll find some inspiration and information from here. (y)

November 17

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

1HS: 10 x 10 x 12 kg
TGU: 5 x 1/1 x 12 kg

Had a little DOMS yesterday and again this morning, so I swallowed my pride and dropped down to the 12 kg. Everything went smoother, felt sharper, and I recovered better between sets, so I will stick with it for now. I will also probably re-read S&S, make sure I haven't forgotten or overlooked anything.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom