all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
November 15

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS: 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU: 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Hello! I have begun my pursuit of S&S anew tonight. Dr. told me I need to lose some weight, along with a few other lifstyle changes, which inspired me to get back on the mat and grab my kettlebells. Enough being lazy, and drinking my nights away.

Like before, the 16 kg felt good, well, until the last two sets of get ups. Still, I powered thru, and felt better than I have in a while.
Good to see you!

After three weeks of flu, Montezuma’s revenge, and many lame and excuses, I am ready to begin in earnest.

December 5

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

1HS 10 x 10 x 12 kg

I am not rushing back into things, I need to work back in slowly. So, here we go. This was a good session. I ended by laying down and pressing the 12 kg for 5 reps with each arm. I will be doing my best to work every day, with Soju & Tuba on T/TH so I can go watch my grandson‘s martial arts class.

December 6

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

TGU: 5 x 1/1 x 12 kg

Slow and steady to start. I have been away too long, and I have lost my conditioning and stamina. So, I will be alternating for the first week, as I get my legs back underneath me.

December 10

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

1HS 10 x 10 x 12 kg

The swings are coming along nicely, the get ups are a little struggle so far. Mobility isn't there yet, so that needs to be addressed. So, I am thinking of eliminating the TGU, and alternating swings & presses as I work on my mobility. Halos will stay with the 12 kg, but the Goblet Squats will increase to the 16 kg next week.

December 11

Spent the morning getting everything out of the rafters for Christmas. Set up the tree & put decorations on the house & around the house. So, I took the day off to play some darts, watch Navy beat Army, had pizza & spent the night with my grandson. Not a bad day off, but I need to work more.

December 12

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 16

1HS 10 x 10 x 12 kg

Working the 16 kg in slowly, no need to rush things. Still making sure I am recovered before my next set. Slow & steady until I see progress.

December 13

Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 16
SLDL 12 x 5/5 x 12 kg

Soju & Tuba: 4 x 1/1 x 20 kg

I grabbed my 24 kg, and amazingly I pressed it with both arms, and immediately found my 1RM for now. So, by following the rules of Soju & Tuba, I am dropping down 4 kg, and the 20 kg felt right. I also added SLDLs to work on stabilizing muscles and leg strength.

I grabbed my 24 kg, and amazingly I pressed it with both arms, and immediately found my 1RM for now. So, by following the rules of Soju & Tuba, I am dropping down 4 kg, and the 20 kg felt right. I also added SLDLs to work on stabilizing muscles and leg strength.
Nice! It's good when surprises like this one happen.

Mobility work
Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

1HS: 10 x 10 x 12 kg

Back to the grind. Slow and steady as I build myself back up. While the 12 kg does feel light, form and recovery have to be better before i entertain the 16 kg. I am just going to train for Simple for a bit. Variety may be good, but consistency is better.

Mobility work
Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

Back to the grind. Slow and steady as I build myself back up. While the 12 kg does feel light, form and recovery have to be better before i entertain the 16 kg. I am just going to train for Simple for a bit. Variety may be good, but consistency is better.
Good to see you buddy!

Mobility work only tonight, had a little DOMS that just lingered today. So, I got on the mat and loosened up for about 30 minutes, and all was better. Soju & Tuba is on tap tomorrow night, quick session before my grandson's martial arts class.
I love that program!

Mobility work
Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

The article for Soju & Tuba says, "Take a kettlebell one size lighter (4kg) than your 1RM, and do the following rep scheme for your next eighteen workouts (if you’re in that area where one size lighter than your 1RM is “too light,” then use your 2RM/3RM instead)."

Well, in order to do so, you need to know your 1RM, so tonight was dedicated to this and some common sense. The 24 kg went up with both arms, so for now that is my current 1RM. The program says drop to the 20 kg, and get to work. I think that may get to be too much too soon, so I did a couple reps with the 20 kg & the 16 kg. I am going to err on the side of common sense and start with the 16 kg to build endurance as much as muscle.

Soju & Tuba 4 sets of 1/1 with the 16 kg felt really good.

Well, in order to do so, you need to know your 1RM, so tonight was dedicated to this and some common sense. The 24 kg went up with both arms, so for now that is my current 1RM. The program says drop to the 20 kg, and get to work. I think that may get to be too much too soon, so I did a couple reps with the 20 kg & the 16 kg. I am going to err on the side of common sense and start with the 16 kg to build endurance as much as muscle.

Soju & Tuba 4 sets of 1/1 with the 16 kg felt really good.
Well played sir.

Mobility work
Halos 12, 12, 12
Goblet Squats 12, 12, 12

This took forever tonight. I believe I may have bitten off too much right away. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom