all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
November 26

T-Spine mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

Snatch 5 EMOM for 20 minutes, alternating hands every minute.

Ok, um, yeah, I may need to re-think this for the next few days. Wow, that was challenging, and I am sure my form was not anywhere near what it should have been. Still, it was a real workout. I think I will just do Strength Aerobics and Soju & Tuba after tomorrow's travel day. S&S will reconvene when we get back home.

Great work! Snatches at the top of every minute are tough. I like doing heavy swings like that for 5 reps as well. Makes lighter bells fly.

November 26

T-Spine mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Snatch 5 EMOM for 20 minutes, alternating hands every minute.

Ok, um, yeah, I may need to re-think this for the next few days. Wow, that was challenging, and I am sure my form was not anywhere near what it should have been. Still, it was a real workout. I think I will just do Strength Aerobics and Soju & Tuba after tomorrow's travel day. S&S will reconvene when we get back home.
I have tried the EMOM as well and it is rough. it builds up quickly and the accumulation hits hard a couple minutes in to the session.

Maybe try just telling yourself you are going to 20 rounds and go when yo are recovered.
It may come close to EMOM but those extra 10-15 seconds of rest are money and help!
it may take you 30 minutes to finish 20 sets but who cares... you still get the work in!

Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your family!

I’m so freaking proud of you @Michael Scott !!! I remember when you started down the Simple road and now you’re a freaking BEAST. I mean you still are a rugby player but still- I am very impressed to see you still at it!! Semper Fi

November 28

Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 7 x 2/2 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Away from home, but my portable gym still allowed me to get some work in!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!
Wncq8K1Ktduk2dFn9

November 29
Lazy day....

November 30

Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 8 x 2/2 x 24 kg

Lost track of my day yesterday, just never found time to go out and get my work done. Today was a good session, but I am looking forward to my swings and get ups tomorrow night.

December 1

Commando Rock
Inverted Tactical Frog
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

I went for my challenge day today, all sets with the 24 kg. Good session all around. While I felt close last week, this was truly challenging. S&T tomorrow, then S&S for the rest of the week. I took advantage of the Rogue sale, so I will have a second set coming this week. Then, I will be looking to start doing some double kettlebell pressing work.

December 2

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 3 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Bent Over Row 2 x 5/5 x 24 kg
Single Leg DL 2 x 5/5

Abbreviated session tonight, long day followed by rotten traffic on my way home left me just enough time to get this in. My new KBs should be arriving in the next few days, thank you Rogue! So I am thinking that I will finish this routine, alternating S&S with S&T to complete the routine, then drop down in weight, and start pressing two KBs instead of alternating arms......should be fun!

December 3

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

This was my best workout in a while. I found the float last night in most of my swings, and my get ups were for the most part solid. I focused on recovery between sets, but I was still exhausted when I finished. When I woke up this morning, hello DOMS. My abs are so sore.....as are my lats, so, unless a miracle occurs today, I will be taking an unscheduled day off.....

December 4/5
Unplanned days off, I came down with some bug that knocked me on my butt.

December 6

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Better session today, much better than my last session. I focused even more on recovery, and it made a difference in my work. I feel better than I did at the end of my last session, so I definitely did something right.

December 7

Pearl Harbor Day, a day of reflection and mourning....

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Yesterday felt good, so I figured I would do S&S again, to see how it felt. Everything felt solid and strong from start to finish. I'm finding the float at the top of my swings, and my get ups got better as I went. I may just have to stick to this for a while.....last time I progressed up to the 24 kg, I struggled with my work. So far, the 24 kg has felt good, not easy, but solid, throughout.

December 8

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Punch the clock session today. I really focused on recovery again today, and it felt great. I may start to reduce my rest time between sets this week, as a light challenge.

December 9

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 4 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5

Only a couple more sessions of this plan, and I will switch to using 2 lighter kettlebells. I do so enjoy this program, but I am also enjoying S&S. It is so much easier training when you enjoy what you a re doing.

December 10

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Strength Aerobics 5 minutes, 12 kg kettlebell in each hands, every 15 seconds: clean, one press, one squat. It was quite the session, I was smoked after only 5 minutes. I did learn something valuable though, my cardio is not as good as I was hoping. On the bright side, the double 12 kgs were fun to work with for something new. Back to S&S tomorrow.

December 11

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Rough day today, left me feeling tired and unmotivated. I grabbed the 24 kg and everything said, "No Way". I truly contemplated taking the night off, but there was a part of me that said try the 20 kg.....that felt doable, so away I went. Met the talk test between sets, and powered through. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

December 12

Commando Rock
T-Spine Mobility
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

Soju & Tuba 6 x 3/3 x 24 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5

Finished S&T today. I really do enjoy this program. I will be restarting it with double kettlebells, probably 12 kgs.

December 13

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Good session today, still focusing on recovery between sets.

December 14

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Just mobility work today. I just felt like some light work today, and it felt really good. I will definitely be back at it tomorrow.

December 15

Unscheduled day off as my basement flooded. I did spend the day carrying 5 gallon buckets upstairs and dumping them all day. So, while I didn't "workout", I got plenty of work in throughout the day.

I didn't tire until late in the day, so I have built up some good endurance. Tomorrow should tell me quite a bit more.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom