all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
January 18

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 6 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Good session this morning. There was a little impingement in my left hip, from slipping on some ice, but nothing major. I did some additional stretching before I started, and everything felt good. I did notice that I felt it again at the end of my session, so I did some more light movement work and my hip felt good.

January 19

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

I now despise ice completely. I slipped on ice again in the parking lot where I play darts yesterday. Oddly, I felt fine playing darts, and on the ride home afterwards. When I woke up this morning, it was like a cramp in my glute and in my upper quad. Again, nothing major, but no work could be done, because it is just bad enough to completely not allow swings or get ups. I will try S&T tomorrow night after work, after more stretching and mobility work of course.

January 19

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

I now despise ice completely. I slipped on ice again in the parking lot where I play darts yesterday. Oddly, I felt fine playing darts, and on the ride home afterwards. When I woke up this morning, it was like a cramp in my glute and in my upper quad. Again, nothing major, but no work could be done, because it is just bad enough to completely not allow swings or get ups. I will try S&T tomorrow night after work, after more stretching and mobility work of course.

'You may not be interested in falling, but falling is certainly interested in you'

Proper falling skill is a good thing to have, but usually these things happen so quickly it's hard to react appropriately.

And even a simple fall is no joke and can mess one up for a while. That crash I had before Thanksgiving is still having me have lingering pain in the impact area.

Take care...

Yeah, falling truly sucks. So does getting old, especially when you don't feel old.....

I am going to shift gears from pursuing the Simple standard until I feel better, and focus on S&T, along with mobility work. I will try to perform a TGU later this week, to see how the old bag of bones is recovering.

'You may not be interested in falling, but falling is certainly interested in you'

Proper falling skill is a good thing to have, but usually these things happen so quickly it's hard to react appropriately.

And even a simple fall is no joke and can mess one up for a while. That crash I had before Thanksgiving is still having me have lingering pain in the impact area.

Take care...

Yeah, me too. It is weird, I feel what I can only describe as a cramp-like sensation in my glute, diagonally from my hip bone down and back towards my hamstring. In the front, it is a combination of feeling like a muscle pull and a cramp, from my hip flexor at the top of my quad towards the middle of my inner thigh. Walking is not painful, light stretching is not too bad, but stairs suck.......badly. I do have a slight limp, so I did something to the structure of my upper leg, so, slow & steady I go....

Glad to hear that it’s nothing major. Slipping on ice is no joke.

Last edited:
January 20

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

This will be my routine for the week, at a minimum. I could really feel where the muscles have been tweaked from slipping. The stretching did do some good, so I will see how everything feels tomorrow before I do more stretching.

January 21

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

So far, so good. This focus on stretching is feeling really good every night. Of course, the healing process is slower than I want it to be. However, I am doing my best to remain patient, and just do my stretching and mobility work, and ignore the kettlebells that are yelling at me to pick them up and get back to work.....???

January 22

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

The healing is coming along slowly. I am not certain that this is helping, or just good for me mentally, but at this point I am sticking with it.

Have a great day!

January 24-27

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Still just performing this mobility work, as apparently I am not in my 20's anymore. As stated by @offwidth, the healing process is not moving along as I was hoping, it is really taking some time to get back to 100%. I guess I should count my blessings, because I would have apparently been in rough shape if I had not been actively working these muscles before this happened. On the plus side, I am noticing some better mobility.

Wow, I don't get over here as often to the log section, vs the logs for members only....sorry to hear of your fall!

Resist the siren song of the bells! It looks like you have a good head and attitude about it and I agree, even the mobility you are doing is good mentally too. The bells will be there ready when you are.

January 28

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

This will remain my program for the week. I am finally seeing real progress in the healing of the muscle groups. Plus, we are having our basement flooring redone, so my patience will once again be needed this week. Well, patience or layers to go out in the garage to get some kettlebell work done......I am going with 5 more days of mobility work.... ? ? ?

January 29

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM
Flexible Steel: Frog, Cossack Squat - Higher for now as I work down to the ground.
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

I am incorporating a quick 10 minute warm up from Flexible Steel in the mornings, as these seem to loosen me up & get the blood flowing. I may look to add other movements, but for now these are doing the trick just fine.

Last edited:
January 30

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM
Flexible Steel: Frog, Cossack Squat - Higher for now as I work down to the ground.
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Slow & steady is working. After almost 2 weeks of mobility work, I feel like I am ready to get back to kettlebell work. No lingering aches, no sudden soreness, nothing. Dammit, this mobility stuff really works....lol

Scheduled day off tomorrow, then I will get back to work.

The hard part isn't getting your body in shape. The hard part is getting your mind in shape.

February 1

Commando Rock
Inverted Tactical Frog
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
SLDL 3 x 5/5 x 12 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Back to my pursuit of the Simple standard today. I took a little longer between the swing sets, but they felt good. I did the get ups within 10 minutes, and I didn't feel like I rushed them. So, a week of this, and then I'll look at adding some 24 kg work back in to my routine. All around good session today. Tomorrow will tell me how it really went.

February 2

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Got my mobility work in this morning, good thing too. I spent the afternoon painting our basement, well I was doing the cutting in and trim work while my wife did the rolling work. While I didn't get my kettlebell work in, I did plenty of kneeling, squatting, bending and reaching throughout. I will be back at it tomorrow night.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom