all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
February 3

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Soju & Tuba 4 x 1/1 x 32 kg

Some days you just feel the need to challenge yourself. Tonight was that night for me. This felt really good, but I am sure that painting tomorrow will not be as pleasant having pressed the 32 kg. Oh well, I have the day to stretch and work out any kinks.

February 4

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM
Dinner with my son and his family. Very pleasant surprise to come home to a full house once again. Needless to say, no exercise was done tonight, family first.

February 5

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Unscheduled night off, as a long day of work, and more needing to be done in our basement overruled the kettlebells. A few more days, and we should be done painting, then the kettlebells & I will begin again.

February 6

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

I am sticking with my morning warm-up routine. It feels good to start my day in this manner.

Good to see you benefiting from morning mobility! This sounds simular to what I (try to remember) to do when I first get up....the joint mobility routine from Jon Engum's Flexible Steel. My dog seems quite amused when I am standing in front of the stove in the morning boiling water for a cup of tea and I am running through this routine lol.

February 7

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

February 8

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Strength Aerobics

Clean, Press, and Squat with double 16 kg kettlebells, every 30 seconds for 10 minutes. Just something light for the day, and this hit the spot.

February 9

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 8 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

My old standby, favorite session. This felt good enough that I will start S&S tomorrow. All of the muscles felt great throughout, instead of lingering aches. About time I healed up, although I am thinking that I need to start with the 16 kg, to ensure that everything goes well, and work back up to working with the 20 kg that I left off working with.

Yeah, it looks weird in the mirror doing some of this routine while I am brushing my teeth. I do most of the routine beside my bed.

Good to see you benefiting from morning mobility! This sounds simular to what I (try to remember) to do when I first get up....the joint mobility routine from Jon Engum's Flexible Steel. My dog seems quite amused when I am standing in front of the stove in the morning boiling water for a cup of tea and I am running through this routine lol.

February 10

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

After almost two weeks of nagging aches in my legs, I finally shook the off and got back to my pursuit of S&S. I dropped down to the 16 kg to ensure that my first session would not be too taxing. Man, that felt good to be back after Simple. Of course, I had to push it a little, which also gave me some inspiration. I won't move up a kettlebell until I can meet the time standard, and I can do 100 consecutive swings with the current kettlebell. This will ensure, to me, that I have mastered the kettlebell before I increase the weight.

Here we go!

Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.– Jerry Rice

February 11

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 10 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Double kettlebell work tonight, S&T is still my favorite program. I know my version is not the true version, as I have added the Bent Over Row, and recently I have also added the SLDL. However, this version just feels right, well to me anyhow.

February 12

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

As I finished stretching, I realized that I had zero energy tonight. I laid on my mats for a minute, and almost fell asleep. So, unscheduled day off tonight became. As a wise poster has stated more than once, sometimes ya gotta brake for the curves.

February 13

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

I did my stretching and mobility work tonight after shoveling the wonderful snow we received today. No kettlebell work though, shoveling in the cold was enough. While I wasn't exhausted, I wanted to leave something in the tank, so to speak. So, back to the kettlebells tomorrow night.

February 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Back to work, and the kettlebell felt good in my hands tonight. Took my time, rested well between sets, all went well. A few more sessions like this, and I should be back on track.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

February 15

AM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

No morning mobility work today, just my usual evening warm up. Then another easy session of swings & get ups. I find that I am still getting the get ups done inside of the time limit with ease. As in, I look at the clock before I start, and I am almost always done before 10 minutes has gone by, without chasing the time.

I wonder if I should go up in weight in my get ups, and let my swings catch up?

February 15

AM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

No morning mobility work today, just my usual evening warm up. Then another easy session of swings & get ups. I find that I am still getting the get ups done inside of the time limit with ease. As in, I look at the clock before I start, and I am almost always done before 10 minutes has gone by, without chasing the time.

I wonder if I should go up in weight in my get ups, and let my swings catch up?

I would say go for upping the getup wieght one set at a time, especially if your current wieght feels easy. My swings are always behind my getups as well....always have been.

Thank you both for your input. My get ups are definitely easier, and I am performing them at a comfortable pace. It is indeed time to increase the weight of my get ups.

I would say go for upping the getup wieght one set at a time, especially if your current wieght feels easy. My swings are always behind my getups as well....always have been.

I'd say that if you're hitting test pace with ease, definitely time to up the getup weight. It shouldn't be hard necessarily... but it shouldn't be easy. For me, comfortable training pace is double the time of test pace.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom