all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
February 16

AM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 16 kg

Last session before I add a set with the 20 kg for get ups. Took my time again today, rested more between sets. Starting tomorrow I will reduce the rest time, along with adding a set with the 20 kg for get ups.

February 17

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 12 x 1/1 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

Time was compressed this evening to get my work in, so, S&T to the rescue. This double kettlebell work is really challenging without wearing me out, so it fits into the daily routine.

February 18

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 1/1 x 20, 16, 16, 16 ,16

That felt really good. I almost went for a second set with the 20 kg in my get ups. Ironically, the 16 kg felt lighter in my swings beforehand as well. My swings were easier overall today, so I will time them tomorrow night, as long as I am feeling refreshed and good to go.

February 19

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Man, I despise it when work gets in the way of my life.... ? ? ?

I had to work late tonight, like 3 hours later than normal, which pretty much threw a wrench in my entire evening. I made time for my evening mobility work, but by then it was almost 8, and I still needed to have dinner. So, an unscheduled day off it became. Gotta get back at it tomorrow.

February 21

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 5 x 1/1 x 32 kg

There are days, for me anyway, when you just need to grab the big kettlebell and try to press it. 5 sets was all I had in me tonight. Of course, work got in the way again tonight, so this was about all I had time for, if I wanted to have an evening meal. Some work is better than nothing, right?

February 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 1/1 x 20, 16, 16, 16 ,16

Another session with just one set of work with the 20 kg kettlebell. I will be adding an additional set with it tomorrow. The 16 kg just feels so light after my set with the 20 kg. Progress is always a good thing.

February 23

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 1/1 x 20, 20, 16, 16 ,16

Challenge day today, in that I pushed to make the time standard for both swings and get ups. I actually made the time standard for both, which surprised me. I thought I was farther from making it than I am, but when I finished the swings, talking was not nearly as easy as it was after get ups. I will probably add a set of swings with the 20 kg this week, but another session or two with all 16's is still needed.

February 24

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 3 x 2/2 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg

Good session tonight. It never ceases to amaze me that so much work can be done with lighter weight than one would think is needed to challenge yourself. Granted, 16 kg in each hand is 35 lbs in each hand, but this was a little challenging.

February 25

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

2HS 10 x 10 x 32 kg

Whew, 2HS with the 32 kg is a real challenge. But, I can say that it felt good, and no real DOMS later in the evening. I read in someone's log that we are supposed to occasionally do the 2HS in our program, so I thought why not. I am actually glad I did so, because I learned that this kb is not completely intimidating.

February 26

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Unscheduled day off tonight. Dinner with my son and his family were a higher priority than working out. Back at it tomorrow.

February 27

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Another late night at work meant no time to work out. It may be time to alter my sleep pattern so I can work out in the mornings.

February 28

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20, 16, 16, 16, 16

Felt stronger tonight when I grabbed the 20 kg to warm up, so I thought I would try swinging it tonight. Great choice, as it felt very good to swing. I may have to continue swinging it.

February 29

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20, 16, 16, 16, 16

This felt so good yesterday, that I decided to see how I would feel following the same routine again today. Yep, still felt amazing, and very doable. It is interesting that the 20 kg feels so good in my hands, and doesn't feel too heavy. I am definitely not complaining....(y);)

March 1

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20, 20, 16, 16, 16
TGU 1/1 x 20, 20, 20, 16 ,16

Three days in a row, where the 20 kg felt just right in my hands when I picked it up, definitely a WTH moment. So, of course, I had to check to see how much of a WTH moment I am having. The 20 kg still felt good, not overly challenging. Tomorrow will tell tell if this was too much too soon.

March 2

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Unscheduled day off again today. Left work just in time to get home, change and head out to Dart League. On the plus side, there was no real DOMS from Sunday's work. So, I will keep that routine as my work for the rest of the week.

March 3

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 4 x 2/2 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg

Another late night, but I was determined to get some work in tonight. Good thing I love this plan, 40 minutes from warm up to the last rep, and it felt great. Hopefully I can get a S&S session in tomorrow night.

March 4 and 5

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Late nights at work have left me drained. So, rather than struggle or not work, I dropped back down to the 16 kg for swings & get ups. While I am not making the progress I am looking for, I am at least getting some work done.

March 6

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Scheduled day off, and it was a good thing it was, since I put in far too much time at work tonight. Back at it tomorrow.

March 7

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Wow, what a long week this has been. I felt like I was lucky to get out of bed this morning. I did my mobility work this morning and was sweating and very tired. So, a reset day was in order. I will be back at it in earnest starting tomorrow.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom