all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
March 8

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Hello kettlebell, my old friend. Today's work felt good. Although, I almost felt like grabbing the 32 kg and doing 2 hand swings and floor presses, I decided to put in some easy work instead. I even dropped down to the 16 kg for my Halos & Goblet Squats. This was a session I needed, for a reminder of how good these make me feel.

March 9

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Work strikes again.......I thought we were through with the extra hours, I guess not. Oh well......back to the kettlebells tomorrow, regardless.

March 10/11/12

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

An unexpected turn of events has led me to an unscheduled week of rest and recovery. As we power through our bonus season here at work, late nights have become the norm instead of the one-off. Getting home at 8, or later has pretty much made the decision for me to just do some light stretching and mobility work in the evening.

March 13 - Scheduled day off

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

March 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Back to work, finally! Man, did I need this session. It worked off stress, and loosened up my body. It is amazing how much good these exercises do for the body.

March 15

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2/2 x 16 kg/16 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 20 kg/20 kg
Single Leg DL 4 x 5/5 x 12 kg/12 kg

With a fun day of housework needed due to my long hours last week, and my much needed day of doing nothing yesterday, a little S&T was the recipe for success today. Like yesterday, this felt so good to do. It was just enough to work my body, but not exhaust me.

March 16

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Ahh, this is almost, dare I say, therapeutic...because I felt better after setting the kettlebell down than I did when I picked it up.....

March 17

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2/2 x 16 kg/16 kg

That feeling of deja vu..........when you do the same routine instead of adding a set....oh well, at least I got some work in tonight.

March 18

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Good session tonight. I went with swing sets of 20, 10L/10R before setting the kettlebell down, and that felt real good. a couple more sessions and I will go for 10L/10R/10L/10R to see how that goes.

March 19

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Thank you work, for keeping me so late tonight. Last minute changes, and approvals, meant a longer day than expected fro me. Oh well, I can still get my work in tomorrow.

Hope you are well.

March 20 Scheduled Day Off

March 21
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Soju & Tuba 16 kg/16 kg, 16 kg/16 kg, 20 kg/20 kg, 20 kg/20 kg, 16 kg/16 kg, 16 kg/16 kg,

I tried two sets in the middle with the 20 kg for pressing, and they felt really good. The rest of the session was just as good. With this state having us work from home effective Monday, there really shouldn't be cause to miss sessions for the next couple of weeks.

March 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 1/1 x 16

Ahh, therapy day....lol. This still just feels so good to be doing. This week I will be trying to see if I can meet the time standards for the swings. I know I can meet the time standard with my get ups, so I will be adding sets with the 20 kg this week too.

March 23

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16
TGU 20, 16, 16, 16, 16

Time standard met for swings, so the 20 kg will be swung once again starting tomorrow. I even met the time standard for get ups with one set being with the 20 kg. All around great session over my lunch period. I didn't do a lot of mobility work, as I have been moving around and standing a lot since I am working from home. Less odd looks from my dog than co-workers.....???

March 24
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 10 x 16 kg, 16 kg, 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 16 kg, 16 kg, 20 kg

Soju & Tuba 2/2 x 16 kg, 16 kg, 20 kg, 20 kg, 20 kg, 16 kg, 16 kg
Bent Over Row 5/5 x 20 kg, 20 kg, 24 kg, 20 kg
Single Leg DL 5/5 x12 kg, 12 kg, 16 kg, 12 kg

Today was a “let’s see” day. As in, let’s see how going up in weight feels today. Interestingly enough, they felt really good. So, slowly, I believe it’s time to increase the load I’m working with.

March 25
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Went for a walk this afternoon, and decided that a rest day after my challenge day yesterday was in order. Nothing serious, but a little DOMS showed up, so, rest and stretching was the program today. Back to S&S tomorrow!

March 26

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 20, 16, 16

1HS 10 x 20/20, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16
TGU 1 x 20/20, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16

Hello 20 kg kettlebell, my old friend! This felt good, and the 20 kg felt lighter than I remember it being. My swings and get ups were smooth and crisp with the 20 kg. I may add an additional set next time to see how I feel the next day.

Happy Friday! I hope you and yours are safe!

March 27
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 10 x 20 kg, 16 kg, 16 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 20 kg, 16 kg, 16 kg

Soju & Tuba 2/2 x 20, 20, 20, 20, 16, 16, 16, 16
Bent Over Row 5/5 x 24, 24, 20, 20
Single Leg DL 5/5 x 16, 16, 12, 12

What a great session tonight. The additional weights I moved really felt great. Yet another WTH moment occurred during this session, the Single Leg DLs felt better with the heavier kettlebell. They felt more stable and balanced.....of course the other movements felt great as well.

March 28

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 20, 16, 16

1HS 10 x 20/20, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16
TGU 1 x 20/20, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16, 16/16

Good, simple session today. Focused on more rest between sets, and the results were noticeable. One or two more sessions before I add an additional set with the 20 kg.

March 29
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 10 x 20 kg, 16 kg, 16 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 20 kg, 16 kg, 16 kg

Soju & Tuba 3/3 x 16
Bent Over Row 4/4 x 20
Single Leg DL 4/4 x 12

I am on the last cycle for this run through S&T. Sets of three, so, I went back to just one set of kettlebells for each movement. I plan to move up in weight in all three movements when I restart this program in a couple of weeks.

March 30

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Afternoon:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Unscheduled day off today, as I was sore all over. I believe that my condition today is a result of my ramping things up over the last week or so. Ironically, I slowed down yesterday, but apparently I was too late. My stretching did do some good, but there was no way I was pushing it today. Sometimes a day off is exactly what you need, this must have been my body reminding me if this.

March 31 & April 1

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

This is all I could do each day, wake up and get the blood flowing. On 3/31, midday I became exhausted, cold & achy, it was horrible. So, I hydrated as much as I could, and slept. On 4/1, I felt better, enough to get the blood flowing again in the morning, but I gave myself another day to make sure I am completely recovered before I grab my kettlebells again. It was like a 24 hour stomach bug, but nothing too serious.

Stay safe & be well!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom