all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The purpose is to improve my time with the swings to meet the 5 minute Simple standard, before moving up to the next kettlebell weight. Plus, there is the aerobic benefit of challenging your capacity and recovery time between sets......
Is the purpose of reducing the time on a circuit, of even a standalone exercise to improve GPP, or to turn it into aerobic activity? Asking for a "friend."

No, sadly. It was heavier snow, a blessing known as “lake effect snow” here in their greater Chicago area.
Hmmm, don't recall Pavel mentioning snow as one of the "things that life throws at you" that S&S makes you ready for, but you have found it does (have experienced that myself)! Was it fluffy at least?

The purpose is to improve my time with the swings to meet the 5 minute Simple standard, before moving up to the next kettlebell weight. Plus, there is the aerobic benefit of challenging your capacity and recovery time between sets......
OH, my mistake-need to learn to read better. I was thinking it was the halos, goblet sq, and 1hsw for 16 each time. That was actually swinging a 16kg X 10/10 each time.

January 29

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 7 x 2/2 x 20 kg
Bent Over Rows: 7 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Solid session over lunch today. With 6 sessions remaining in this evolution, I am feeling strong and solid in each set. The rows are really feeling strong as well.

Happy Friday!!!

January 30 - Scheduled day off.

January 31

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 8 x 2/2 x 20 kg
Bent Over Rows: 8 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Strong session today, from start to finish. Really felt good all the way through. Very satisfied with how it is progressing.

Daily work:

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

Feb 1/3/5: 1HS: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16: 5 sets of 10/10
Feb 2/4: C & P: 3/4 sets of 3/3 x 20 kg, Rows: 4/4 sets of 5/5 x 20 kg

February 6: Slipped on ice underneath some snow, and just about broke my ankle. I can walk on it, but it is at least a high ankle sprain, with some swelling around the joint, so ibuprofen & Rice treatment it is for now. Every time I seem to be making progress, something happens......at least I can still walk......

Daily work:

Mobility Work
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

Feb 1/3/5: 1HS: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16: 5 sets of 10/10
Feb 2/4: C & P: 3/4 sets of 3/3 x 20 kg, Rows: 4/4 sets of 5/5 x 20 kg

February 6: Slipped on ice underneath some snow, and just about broke my ankle. I can walk on it, but it is at least a high ankle sprain, with some swelling around the joint, so ibuprofen & Rice treatment it is for now. Every time I seem to be making progress, something happens......at least I can still walk......
Good luck with the ankle

Hope the ankle is fine and doesn't have anything bad with it. It you can walk it's obviously a good sign.

I would make sure to try to rehab the ankle a bit, even if you feel like you survived with a scare. Maybe join the wobble board gang...

Hello to all. Thank you for checking on me, I do appreciate it. I have stayed away because it is depressing to read everyone’s progress when I am simply rehabbing my ankle almost a month later. The swelling is gone, but the ligament sprain/damage is taking forever to heal. I am icing, elevating, doing mobility work and it is being as stubborn as I can be sometimes.....lol

I have been doing some light hamstring and calf stretching, but not much else. It is just so d@mn frustrating to not be able to do the work I was enjoy so much. Maybe I should look into doing something else while my ankle heals....

Any suggestions?

Hello to all. Thank you for checking on me, I do appreciate it. I have stayed away because it is depressing to read everyone’s progress when I am simply rehabbing my ankle almost a month later. The swelling is gone, but the ligament sprain/damage is taking forever to heal. I am icing, elevating, doing mobility work and it is being as stubborn as I can be sometimes.....lol

I have been doing some light hamstring and calf stretching, but not much else. It is just so d@mn frustrating to not be able to do the work I was enjoy so much. Maybe I should look into doing something else while my ankle heals....

Any suggestions?
Pull-ups....

Have you seen a doc and or physio?

I haven’t seen either, but if things cease improving, I most definitely will do so. I haven’t done pull ups since I left the Marine Corps in 1991......I might just lay down on my mats and press the 32 kg for a few reps....

It sounds like I will have a rowing machine in the house soon........

I haven’t seen either, but if things cease improving, I most definitely will do so. I haven’t done pull ups since I left the Marine Corps in 1991......I might just lay down on my mats and press the 32 kg for a few reps....

It sounds like I will have a rowing machine in the house soon........

Dr. Vora at IBJI in Libertyville
Praxis Physiotherapy in Vernon Hills

Any suggestions?
Good to hear from you Michael, are you taking NSAIDS? AFAIK some evidence suggests they can interfere with healing of tendon to bone, and possibly more.
I'm the high dose Vitamin C guy and use it extensively to check inflammation and infection. The benefits don't stop there, healing is greatly improved as well as many others. Read 'Vitamin C, the Real Story' and check out doctoryourself.com to get more information, there are many more sources. Not offering medical advice here, just sharing some information and my own N=1.

As far as training goes I'd say anything you don't have to stand on your feet to do is fair game, provided that's safe enough where you won't aggravate the injury. I'd be doing as much as I could while sitting, kneeling or laying down, also @offwidth suggestion of pull-ups is a good one. A rower would also come in very handy so long as that doesn't irritate tissues in your ankle.

Good to hear from you Michael, are you taking NSAIDS? AFAIK some evidence suggests they can interfere with healing of tendon to bone, and possibly more.
I'm the high dose Vitamin C guy and use it extensively to check inflammation and infection. The benefits don't stop there, healing is greatly improved as well as many others. Read 'Vitamin C, the Real Story' and check out doctoryourself.com to get more information, there are many more sources. Not offering medical advice here, just sharing some information and my own N=1.

As far as training goes I'd say anything you don't have to stand on your feet to do is fair game, provided that's safe enough where you won't aggravate the injury. I'd be doing as much as I could while sitting, kneeling or laying down, also @offwidth suggestion of pull-ups is a good one. A rower would also come in very handy so long as that doesn't irritate tissues in your ankle.
Yeah... I have heard some of that about NSAIDS as well; although I’ve also heard the opposite. At one time I lived on vitamin ‘I’ (probably as much as you do on C) but these days I really try and avoid it.

Yes I am taking Vitamin “M”, or Motrin for the civilians. This is the military super drug. It is prescribed for just about everything. Mainly pain management at the lowest level, and reducing inflammation. How high a dose of Vitamin C are we talking about? I am always open to new things.....so I am intrigued to learn more.

Kneeling or laying down were my first thoughts, but I am also thinking of trying Some light swings and cleans & presses to see how things are healing. The rower should be ok, but, like the above exercises, I will test lightly before moving forward.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom