The Tension Day

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by mikhael, Sep 15, 2019.

1. mikhael

mikhael Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Hi,
    I've re-read @Pavel 's The Tension Day | StrongFirst article and decided to give it a try and introduce it into my trenings.
    Thus, here my first exercises I've chosen:
    • Double kettlebell static stomp deadlift
    • ‌Bottom-up kettlebell drills
    • ‌Hard style sit-up
    The guidelines are three sets of 1-3 reps for rep-count exercise and 5-10 seconds for holds.
    My question is are those exercise were chosen correctly, and can I perform those three sets throughout the day, for instance one in the morning, the second in the middle of a day, and the last one in the evening?

Craig1971 and Bauer like this.
  2. Steve Freides

Steve Freides StrongFirst Director of Community Engagement Staff Member Senior Instructor

IMO the exercise choices are good but the schedule is not.

-S-

mikhael likes this.
  3. mikhael

So, they should done in one single session?

4. Steve Freides

Steve Freides StrongFirst Director of Community Engagement Staff Member Senior Instructor

Yes - the idea of a single tension day per week is really a single tension session per week, IMO. You wouldn't want to revisit it, just do it, have it be your focus, and be done with it for a week.

Personally, I would find myself holding back if I knew I had to perform another high-tension session later in the same day. Maybe it works for some people ...

-S-

Bauer and mikhael like this.
  5. mikhael

@Steve Freides, are there any other exercises that I could perform on my Tension day?