all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "the wolf" download for free

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Just went ahead and got this, haven't done much with kettlebells for a while and I'm keen to pick things up again.
Any guidelines on weight selection for these complexes, I see a couple of them have a weight selection based on press #RM but most of them do not.

Any tips appreciated.

Often base it around a 10-15rm of your double press and/or snatch

What would be the better book for double kettlebell programming? More Kettlebell Muscle by Geoff Neupert or Double Kettlebell Manifesto by Hector Gutierrez?

Lotto, hard to beat 20 programs that can be as many as 35 if you do them as a chain. I'm sure Hector puts out great stuff. But, I never get bored with MKM when I use it.

Right now I'm doing his Kettlebell Burn 2.0 with 1 kettlebell and that is great as well.

Geoff puts out awesome stuff.

Lotto, hard to beat 20 programs that can be as many as 35 if you do them as a chain. I'm sure Hector puts out great stuff. But, I never get bored with MKM when I use it.

Right now I'm doing his Kettlebell Burn 2.0 with 1 kettlebell and that is great as well.

Geoff puts out awesome stuff.

Thanks, @BrianCF! Appreciate the kind words!

Hope you're doing well.

Just went ahead and got this, haven't done much with kettlebells for a while and I'm keen to pick things up again.
Any guidelines on weight selection for these complexes, I see a couple of them have a weight selection based on press #RM but most of them do not.

Any tips appreciated.

@Stu -

1. Look at your weakest lift in the complex. Use that as the lift upon which you select your bells.
2. Then look at the reps prescribed for that lift and then double them. At least.
3. Example: Press is your weakest lift. Sets of 5 are prescribed in the complex. Use your 10+RM for the complex.

Hope that makes sense.

I hate to be this guy.... but I can't find the link to More KB Muscle. Opened the video in Youtube, found the link to The Wolf. But didn't find where I could buy the program at a discount.

Somebody help me, I want it real bad!

What would be the better book for double kettlebell programming? More Kettlebell Muscle by Geoff Neupert or Double Kettlebell Manifesto by Hector Gutierrez?

Both are great.. The DKBM requires two pairs of bells on average..

MKM just one pair (although some of us have used a lighter pair for some MKM programs on heavy day)

@Stu -

1. Look at your weakest lift in the complex. Use that as the lift upon which you select your bells.
2. Then look at the reps prescribed for that lift and then double them. At least.
3. Example: Press is your weakest lift. Sets of 5 are prescribed in the complex. Use your 10+RM for the complex.

Hope that makes sense.
Awesome, thanks Geoff, perfect sense!

I hate to be this guy.... but I can't find the link to More KB Muscle. Opened the video in Youtube, found the link to The Wolf. But didn't find where I could buy the program at a discount.

Somebody help me, I want it real bad!

Not the easiest to find :) Download free the Wolf program from the link in YouTube comments and the link to buy MKM at a discount is in there, though I'm not sure how long it's active for. Great value for the programs you get, would highly recommend.

I own both. Have not done any of them yet, but I would say MKM hands down. MKM offers a vareity of programs to keep you occupied for s long time. I personaly prefer Geoffs way of programing.

Hec is great and his free KB snacks is worth checking out if you have not.

@Geoff Neupert are there any of the programs in particular that you would recommend for hypertrophy?

@Stu - I'm going to assume you're talking about the programs inside More Kettlebell Muscle?

The all can be used for building muscle as long as you're in a caloric surplus. I personally like the reps-based programming as opposed to the time-based programming.

Is that helpful?

Reactions: Stu
@Stu - I'm going to assume you're talking about the programs inside More Kettlebell Muscle?

The all can be used for building muscle as long as you're in a caloric surplus. I personally like the reps-based programming as opposed to the time-based programming.

Is that helpful?
Yes, perfect, thanks!

I bought MKM yesterday and did the wolf with 24kg bells. It was an eye-opening experience.

For too long I have only been doing short sets of 10-15 seconds of work, that the two minutes of continuous work for one set of the wolf was quite a different training stimulus. Not a WTH effect, more like a WTF effect. It was hard. I was huffing and puffing by the end of the set. I completed 3 sets and finished my session with some snatches, swings, and some loaded carries. This morning I did a 30 min brisk walk as recommended in the MKM accelerator white paper. My way of eating is very similar to Geoff's" 24 Hour diet" program, so I may tweak my diet to his plan and go all in.

I'm committed to give MKM a six week run through. The wolf may not be the program I go with, instead I'm thinking of doing Olympic 3.0 first for six weeks, and then give the wolf a go later.

This will be my first run with doubles. I have a full set of singles up to 40 kg. I really wanted to mix things up, so I got a second 24.

Great work. Good luck with the 24's in weeks 5 and 6. The press will get really hard at that point. You Don't Know Squat 2.0 as a chain is a nasty piece of work.

Any time the press succeeds the squats, it is hard because the rear delts are fatigued from holding the bells in the rack.

I bought MKM yesterday and did the wolf with 24kg bells. It was an eye-opening experience.

For too long I have only been doing short sets of 10-15 seconds of work, that the two minutes of continuous work for one set of the wolf was quite a different training stimulus. Not a WTH effect, more like a WTF effect. It was hard. I was huffing and puffing by the end of the set. I completed 3 sets and finished my session with some snatches, swings, and some loaded carries. This morning I did a 30 min brisk walk as recommended in the MKM accelerator white paper. My way of eating is very similar to Geoff's" 24 Hour diet" program, so I may tweak my diet to his plan and go all in.

I'm committed to give MKM a six week run through. The wolf may not be the program I go with, instead I'm thinking of doing Olympic 3.0 first for six weeks, and then give the wolf a go later.

This will be my first run with doubles. I have a full set of singles up to 40 kg. I really wanted to mix things up, so I got a second 24.
I just started the wolf last week. Doing it as a chain. First workout is medium day, I look, see there are no double snatches. Said, "I can use 55's. Did the first 3 sequences of the first set and said, "What did I just get myself into?" and put the bells down. Started over with the 45's. Still a great heart pumping workout. Easy day week 2 is 40 double squats in 10 minutes.

How are you doing on THE WOLF?? I was completely exhausted after the medium day with double 24s.. not sure if I can sustain the hard day with the 24s.. What do you do on your "OFF-WOLF" Days? Tomorrow I will try my luck with the double 24s on the heavy day.. wish me luck ROFL

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom