all posts post new thread

Barbell Thibaudeau on Neuro Training Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kenny Croxdale

Level 7 Valued Member
q.Hung's Thibaudeau Neuro Training Post

Based on these note that i posted...
4) Strong Neural Dominance.
5) Low Muscular Dominance.

q.Hung's Question

"I don't understand this part. Could you explain Kenny?"

Instead of guessing at what Thibauceau meant, I posted...

My Question To Thibadeau On This

In his article, Kerin noted two different types of jumpers.

What is the most direct means to achieve strength gains specific to the demands of jumping events? https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0733/0c0c2586b1597a916bb80fc15b84d574b6da.pdf?_ga=2.88022360.1352077787.1596707653-1997008527.1596707653 1

(Side Note on Kerin's article. This is a brilliant piece of work)

1. Neural Explosive Jumpers
This group were able neurally turn on fast twitch muscle fiber; were more explosive.
  1. Strength Jumpers
This group essentially were more strength dominate; “Muscle it up”, so to speak.

Reply from Thibaudeau on Neuro Training Question

It’s the same in sprinting and most track & field events. For example, a guy like Kim Collins was more neural or “reflexive” meaning that he used the stretch reflex much better than most and had a very high ratio of FT fibers that he could easily turned on.

He was 150lbs and never lifted weights, yet was a world class sprinter.

On the other end of the spectrum a guy like Ben Johnson was a poor jumper and sucked at the olympic lifts. He also needed to get really strong to be really fast. He was more of a muscular sprinter.

This is not exactly the same thing as my “neural” or “muscular” dominant individuals.

What I mean by that is that some people are born with more facility to recover from intense neurological stimuli than others and are also more motivated by this type of work.

Others crash very easily from that type of work (normally low GABA individuals) and prefer the type of work that provides a good feeling and a low level of potential danger.

SolidBrawn Post 18

Thibaudeau's response fall in line with SoldBrawn post Charlies Poliquin's Brave.

The Braverman Test was used to identify deficiencies/primary drivers in the main neurotransmitters (Dopamine, Seratonin, GABA, Acetylcholine, ...

Here's a link to an article Coach Poliquin wrote on the topic: The Best Training Program Doesn’t Exist

"What The Best Piece of Fitness Equipment?"

This was a constant question that I got when working in Retail/Home Fitness Equipment Sales; I now work in Commercial Fitness Equipment Sales.

Best is a trite. There essentially nothing is the best. If something were, everything else would be obsolete; it would be the only method or product, nothing else would or could exist in that category. We need to get past this "Best" mentality.

Some Of The Best

A more appropriate term would be to state that something is "One of the best"; there are other method or items in that with the same quality.

Home Fitness Equipment Sales

I worked in Home/Retail Fitness Equipment Sales. I now work in Commercial Fitness Equipment Sales.

In Home Fitness Equipment sales, people constantly would come in wanting to know, "What the best exercise or piece of equipment?"

My reply, was it more of a matter of, "What is best for you."

Summary

The basics of training work for everyone.

However, what you/we need to do is determine, "What method/protocol is optimal for us based on our physical attributes, as well as how we mentally and emotionally respond to certain type of training.

As an example, I elicit a greater training response from Higher Intensity Maximum Strength and Power Training Session in conjunction with Hypertrophy Session
that are short session; less volume and more frequency.

Mentally and emotionally I have more of an ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) with my Heavy Strength and Power Training Sessions. Once I hit my top, peak set in a training session my mental/emotional drive is gone. Thus, I take very few warm up sets in training or at meets.

In a two day Mike Burgner USA Weightlfting that I attended, Burgner stata that his son Casey make the USA Weightlifting Team in Colorado Springs. The coaches were advocates of High Volume Training, which didn't work for Casey. His lift dramatically decreased before the coaches realized that Casey thrived on short High Intensity Training.

One of my lifting buddies, thrives on High Volume.

Goldilocks

Fining out what is optimal for you is like the story of Golidlocks, you have to experiment and try thing to find out what work for you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom