all posts post new thread

Bodyweight this workout is giving me the most amazing results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jason B.

Level 2 Valued Member
I am staggered by the results of this workout I put together using Pavel's writing.

MON / TUES / WED / THURS - I do high-tension work, anywhere from 10-30 total reps per per exercise per day, depending on how much time I have. Sometimes sets of singles, doubles, triples, fives (never done fours for some reason), whatever I feel like.

AM
pistols
weighted incline OAP
hollow hangs
weighted horizontal rows
Hardstyle sitbacks

PM
kettlebell swings (2 pood)
Relax Into Stretch

FRI - off

SAT - test day!

This is where things get interesting. Every Saturday I do a calisthenics routine that's similar to Convict Conditioning, but I cap the reps at 25.

shrimp squats
weighted OAP against the wall (working around a shoulder injury)
horizontal rows
ankle-weighted lying bent-leg raises focusing on pulling knees to chest with my upper abs
weighted archbody raises

SUN - off

I'm amazed at the results so far. I've been doing calisthenics for two years now and have generally maintained the pace of adding 1 or 2 reps per week, especially if I'm doing sets of less than 10 reps (i.e. if last week I did five reps, I'll probably gut out only six reps this week, but if last week I did fifteen, this week I'll probably get 18-20).

HOWEVER, spending four days per week doing Pavel's stuff is like dynamite. If I did five reps of an exercise on my test day last week, this time I'll probably get nine or ten. If I got fifteen last week, I'm definitely going to get 25 this week. I'm graduating to harder exercises or adding weight at a ridiculous rate.

I got the idea of combining the two styles from Overcoming Gravity.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like you have several supporting exercises for the swings through extensions, rows, hangs etc, and you're effecting a nice anti-twist push through the one arm pushups, which also I think help the swings through the anti-twist aspect. The leg raise flexions are a nice addition. The one legged squats take care of the legs.

All in all it's a kind of amplified Naked Warrior with swings. Seems like a highly effective combination!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom