all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Thoughts on "Convict Conditioning"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Ha
The CC book says that ring training was invented in the 19th century as a strength building device. I'm sure it's bettr than a mere bar. This makes a lot of sense to me. I just don't have anywhere to put that kind of thing in my home!!! A bar - easy - in a doorframe - I have one just to my right as I'm typing, but rings - no.
Hang the rings from the Pullup bar itself. Works for dips and if you tuck your feet, Muscle ups too.

And then you can do all the rows and ring push ups you want also

Maybe a book could be a good addition, I am not sure it is something Pavel has time for at this moment with other research at hand but definitely will speak to him about it. I have some ideas for that as well.

And @Carl Please you do not have to apologies, I was merely stating that we get great feedback from those who attend the course and certs and that learning our techniques in person will benefit much more than just reading from a book. There are many great cues that you will walk away with. :)

I will be in the UK - May 31-June 7.

Thanks Karen.

Your articles have been brilliant on the site to date so, if Pavel doesn't have the time or inclination to revisit a bodyweight book, I'm sure you'd be more than equal to the challenge. ;) I would certainly be in the queue to buy.

What is SFs take on the timing of the Trifecta?
I know Pavel advises to not do some movements (e.g. indoor rowing) directly before or after swings, because of the spine issues this can lead to.
What about the Full Bridge and Full Twist? Is it ok to use them in a warm-up directly before or as part of a cool-down directly after KB work?

I don't know what the official party line is on this, but when I do twists, I do them as a part of RIS or FS and in the evening at the opposite end of the day from my other training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom