all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Thoughts on kettlebell training for longevity?

One of the reasons I got a kettlebell is so I could hit a general base of everything:
Strength/muscle mass - Press, Squat
Cardio/power - Swings, Snatches
Mobility - Goblet squat, TGU

Each of those are proven as good for longevity and quality of life in old age. There are better tools for each one, but the KB for me seemed to cover all bases in one and I would imagine you could get 90%+ of the benefits in each with just a KB as long as you train consistently.

If I had unlimited time I would run 5/3/1, train for triathlons and become a yogi. I don’t though and the KB seems very efficient for overall training and so suits me down to the ground when I’m living my busy life. Plus, I can keep a couple under my desk while I work from home.

Last edited:
Although I am a ppwerlifter I view the KB as the single best piece of equipment for fitness and health. Can work everything with it. As such I feel that it would be a great asset for longevity.

Anecdotally, my grandad played golf until he was 98. At least 9 holes 3 or 4 days a week. Beyond that he did the occasional bit of carpentry and gardening. Dude was in perfect health - not just for his age.

I think the golf kept him so healthy not just for the obvious reason of getting alot of walking in, but because it gave him something to look forward to, something to achieve goals in, enjoyment and a social life.

I reckon if you can find a thing that does that, you're upping your chances of a qualitatively and quantitatively better time in old age.

P.s not found mine yet, but kettlebells are keeping me honest until I do.

Anecdotally, my grandad played golf until he was 98. At least 9 holes 3 or 4 days a week. Beyond that he did the occasional bit of carpentry and gardening. Dude was in perfect health - not just for his age.

I think the golf kept him so healthy not just for the obvious reason of getting alot of walking in, but because it gave him something to look forward to, something to achieve goals in, enjoyment and a social life.

I reckon if you can find a thing that does that, you're upping your chances of a qualitatively and quantitatively better time in old age.

P.s not found mine yet, but kettlebells are keeping me honest until I do.

Time to take up golf

Back
Top Bottom