all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed #throwback I've come a long way...

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sean M

Level 7 Valued Member
Was looking through some old form check videos, came across this gem:

This is after scanning YouTube for footage of KB swings, but before thoroughly reading and beginning to practice Simple & Sinister. This is 16kg two-arm. Yikes! I made it black-and-white because I don't want anyone emulating my form!

To this (one year later @ 32kg one-arm):

Thank you, Pavel, and the StrongFirst team for putting out such excellent instructional material and facilitating such an amazing forum of dedicated, helpful practitioners and professionals to help former couch potatoes like me make real gains in strength!

Nice work, Sean! I've seen you do a lot of things right over the past year or so: 1) consistent practice, 2) paying attention to form and technique and always seeking to improve, 3) not being afraid to move up in weight when the time is right, 4) doing programs as they are written, and only switching programs when you have taken one to a completion milestone. There is a lot for others to learn from your example.

This is after scanning YouTube for footage of KB swings, but before thoroughly reading and beginning to practice Simple & Sinister. This is 16kg two-arm. Yikes! I made it black-and-white because I don't want anyone emulating form!

What's the problem? Looks like a pretty good shoulder building exercise to me. And I'm only half joking haha.

In all seriousness, real awesome man congrats!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom