all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Tim Ferriss 'From geek to freak'

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
This seems to be very controversial. From what I understand, 5/5 cadence is a minimum, and should be closer to 10/10. The reason you want to the slow cadence is because you recruit more muscle fibers, and drastically increase HGH.

This article seems to sum it up

Tip: Increase Growth Hormone by 1700% | T Nation

A lot of people in my experience also screw up on multiple fronts with this protocol as well.

The first being that theyd don't hit muscular failure because they are using exercises that are dangerous to go to failure with

The second, people are not actually training the whole body. Forgetting the neck, forearms, psoas, etc. This dampens the hormonal response as well.

Third, they are doing too much on rest days. People are trying to add in all kinds of extra volume, slowing recovery.

Fourth, people forget that you need to drop your calories DRASTICALLY one day a week to keep protein synthesis from dropping. I would say probably 70% though Tim just says 50%.

I've gained 20lbs in a month, and I worked out every third day. I'm probably going to run it another month and then try to add in some conditioning.

I also have lost a crap ton of fat.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

Would you please share which exercises you used and the specific 2 day split? How did you manage to hit all those muscles?

Those are great results by the way, congrats.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom