all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Tim Ferriss Interviews Pavel

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Tim has done a great job of teaching people new ways to leverage being white, privileged and male to take advantage of the less fortunate of developing countries under the guise of "efficiency". Great guy, really. The best. If anyone actually thinks that with all of the self promotion Tim does that he is actually working anywhere near as little as 4 hours a week, well then I'm sure Tim has some snake oil he'd love to sell you.

Pavel's contributions to that book I'm sure are very insightful, as was his contributions to the podcast, but I'm not giving Tim Ferriss any money to find out.

@JZB, that's a harsh criticism you make, and I don't find anything in your post that mentions a specific dissatisfaction or problem with the most recent book of his that is the subject of the recent messages on this thread. I'm not terribly familiar with Tim's work - I've started but not finished a book or two of his - and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but are there specific things you have a problem with?

If I may change the subject somewhat, the reason I stopped reading his book was that the fundamental premise doesn't work for me - I don't want more time to pursue things besides what I do for a living. I love what I do (which is mostly teach and perform music, and some train people in strength) and would welcome the opportunity to do more of it.

I had an interesting conversation with a student of mine who retired as a corporate lawyer at age 65. He observed that friends of his who were also lawyers but worked for themselves never wanted to retire, and he predicted the same thing for me - and I agreed. He said he didn't want to put up with the bull@#$% of the corporate world any more, but I think those of us who enjoy what we do for a living don't need a four hour work week.

Just my opinion, and your mileage may vary.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom