all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Tired biceps after push workout.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sebape

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,

quick question, is it normal to feel a little bit tired in your biceps after a push workout? not totally fatigued but a bit swollen or "pumped up"? i'm wondering since i do push day after pull day and i'v always been very "scared" or paranoid of over training a muscle. The exercise that seem to stress my biceps is weighted push ups and skull crushers.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Hello,

quick question, is it normal to feel a little bit tired in your biceps after a push workout? not totally fatigued but a bit swollen or "pumped up"? i'm wondering since i do push day after pull day and i'v always been very "scared" or paranoid of over training a muscle. The exercise that seem to stress my biceps is weighted push ups and skull crushers.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian, 80% of what I do are pulls and have no bicep OT problems, push movements have much less bicep involvement.
If you're doing pushups with elbows in there should be no significant direct stress on biceps, skull crushers even less.
It's possible you have some latent bicep fatigue from the previous day's pull session, but I don't think you have to be overly concerned about over training biceps.

Hello Sebastian, 80% of what I do are pulls and have no bicep OT problems, push movements have much less bicep involvement.
If you're doing pushups with elbows in there should be no significant direct stress on biceps, skull crushers even less.
It's possible you have some latent bicep fatigue from the previous day's pull session, but I don't think you have to be overly concerned about over training biceps.
Thanks Bret, i'll try improving my form.

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Hi Sebape,

I had pain in my biceps tendon for a few months. Interestingly, the exercises that bothered me the most were the presses, both military press and kettlebell floor press. After that experience, I wouldnt be particularly surprised if I felt some soreness in my biceps after pushing exercises.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom