To Drink Coffee or Not To Drink Coffee. That is the Question.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Zach

Level 1 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
That is what we will try next - it is already bought :)
This is what I did a couple years ago. I thought that coffee didn't stimulate me at all, so gave it up as an attempt to help mental focus - I fell asleep at my desk just about every day for almost two months. It was hard to push through, but did it, and now I drink decaf at home and whatever is available when I'm out. Coffee is my beverage of choice almost always, so having some decaf to offset the total volume has been a good compromise for me.

@offwidth - Looks like a cool spot but your coffee looks more like tea. Is it something special or something?

elli

Level 9 Valued Member
This is what I did a couple years ago. I thought that coffee didn't stimulate me at all, so gave it up as an attempt to help mental focus - I fell asleep at my desk just about every day for almost two months. It was hard to push through, but did it, and now I drink decaf at home and whatever is available when I'm out. Coffee is my beverage of choice almost always, so having some decaf to offset the total volume has been a good compromise for me.

@offwidth - Looks like a cool spot but your coffee looks more like tea. Is it something special or something?
I had several decaf phases and years of drinkkng no coffee at all. Ithink it is sth about habits or rituals and Gemütlichkeit (@Neuro-Bob) ;)
Looking forward to new decaf espresso!

IonRod

Level 5 Valued Member
I endulged on coffee too much about a year ago - several nights I had a lot of difficulty falling asleep. Since then I am very mindful of how much I take and most importantly, when I take it. Basically any coffee after 4pm is a risk factor that I won't have a pleasant night.

My mom, however, is an absolute champ - she brews the strongest coffee out of any person I ever met in my life and she can drink basically before going to bed "to help her sleep better" o_O I guess the apple fell very far from the tree here. And then rolled into a ditch as well :)

offwidth

Level 9 Valued Member

I can't recall, but undoubtedly it was some medium roast, probably from Guatemala. What is interesting however, is that it was prepared with a 'Pour Steady'. Which is a sero driven computer controlled pour over 'robot'. Doesn't make the coffee taste any better, but it's pretty darn cool...
IMG_0531.JPG

Bryant W

Level 6 Valued Member
@offwidth Thank you. Next time in Olympia I'll give it a visit.

@rickyw Regarding dependency, my parents could barely function without a cup of joe first thing in the morning. So once I decided to enjoy it regularly, I made a couple rules for myself. No more than one cup a day, and I don't have it until I've already gotten up and done a few things. On work days, I'll get one 2 or 3 hours in along with a small snack. On non-work days, my wife and I will enjoy a cup on the deck or whatever, some time after breakfast and a few chores. But there's definitely something that turns me off from "needing a cup" first thing in the day.

Chrisdavisjr

Level 6 Valued Member
I definitely enjoy (and very occasionally need) a cup of coffee, but I make a point of setting a limit of no more than three (but usually two) cups per day and make sure I have decaf in the house so I can drink decaf or half caffeinated coffee, which I feel is a very good compromise.

For me, it's definitely more about the heat and the flavour than the caffeine however there are times when a hit of caffeine will definitely help sharpen your focus.

Is anyone here a fan of Turkish/Arabic coffee? That stuff will pick you up quick time.

North Coast Miller

Level 7 Valued Member
I've quit coffee for weeks on end and felt no different really. I drink about 4 cups/day normally, less on weekends because I'm running around too much. Coffee is wonderful. I really appreciate how it opens my lungs up.

the hansenator

Level 6 Valued Member
The only negative I've noticed when I don't get my coffee is a caffeine headache. That's why I cut back a bit but I still drink coffee or tea every morning.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Top Bottom