all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed To Drink Coffee or Not To Drink Coffee. That is the Question.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@elli - Puts me in the mind of that dude from SNL (or MAD TV?) waaay back in the day. So hopped up on coffee he urinated espresso, bugged out eyes... lol

I will never give up coffee!!! I will still drink it in heaven!!!

@elli - Puts me in the mind of that dude from SNL (or MAD TV?) waaay back in the day. So hopped up on coffee he urinated espresso, bugged out eyes... lol

I will never give up coffee!!! I will still drink it in heaven!!!
There it must be white!

I actually drink zero coffee. Mainly because I've heard it's so good that I know if I start, I'll stick with it. But if I don't ever get started I won't ever miss it. I know coffee is supposed to have all these health benefits, but something about taking stimulants doesn't sit well with me. I don't want to rely on coffee to get through the day. I feel like since coffee is not an option, it forces me to make time for sleep.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this seems to derail the thread.

Regarding coffee: because of memories from my youth of adults with Maxwell House breath, I never tried it until two years ago, when I had some coffee at a cafe in Olympia, Washington, while on vacation. I immediately recognized that those who drink coffee where just more highly evolved than me, and decided to join their ranks. Never looked back. Though it only takes a small cup for me. 6 - 8 oz and I'm set. Not sure if it gives me any energy, but good coffee is...well...yes, a good way to start the day!

@305pelusa - While some of the less fit and conditioned people likely utilize coffee as a crutch to "get them through the day" (as I see every day at work), I notice that 3 - 4 cups a day for me is more of a supplement. I really like coffee and the point isn't for energy or a crutch but for the sheer joy of drinking coffee. It becomes a supplement for a joyful life versus a crutch to muddle through the day.

@Bryant W - The assessment that coffee drinkers are more "highly evolved" is certainly misguided (no offense meant). Because the swarms of less than evolved individuals I've seen guzzle down gallons of coffee a day is strong evidence against this.

No offense taken. I meant it mostly as a self effacing joke. I drink it solely for enjoyment/flavor. I do procedures as part of my work, and more than one cup causes my fingers to tremor, so I limit intake for that reason.

Regarding coffee: because of memories from my youth of adults with Maxwell House breath, I never tried it until two years ago, when I had some coffee at a cafe in Olympia, Washington, while on vacation. I immediately recognized that those who drink coffee where just more highly evolved than me, and decided to join their ranks. Never looked back. Though it only takes a small cup for me. 6 - 8 oz and I'm set. Not sure if it gives me any energy, but good coffee is...well...yes, a good way to start the day!
Olympia has several very nice coffee places

Olympia has several very nice coffee places
I believe it was called Branford and Bronson, or something like that. When ordering I asked them what the difference was between the different ways they had to make it, so they made me three different brewing methods of the same coffee for the price of one. One of them tasted clearly different than the others. The person serving me smiled, handed me a paper coffee filter to chew on, and asked me if that was what I tasted, which of course it was. I can now always recognize the paper filter flavor. Very cool experience there.

FWIW, I started drinking coffee at age 49, and also have never looked back. We home roast now, and use a super-auto espresso machine. The "super-auto" espresso machine predates all the k-cup stuff, but it delivers on the same promise - we fill the water container, add our beans, and push a button to get coffee. It's an underused way of making great coffee.

-S-

I've found that re-grinding your coffee grounds (I use a nutri-bullet), into super fine grounds allows for much stronger coffee for less grounds (or the same amount). That is, if you prefer it very strong.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom