all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed To Drink Coffee or Not To Drink Coffee. That is the Question.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
That is what we will try next - it is already bought :)

This is what I did a couple years ago. I thought that coffee didn't stimulate me at all, so gave it up as an attempt to help mental focus - I fell asleep at my desk just about every day for almost two months. It was hard to push through, but did it, and now I drink decaf at home and whatever is available when I'm out. Coffee is my beverage of choice almost always, so having some decaf to offset the total volume has been a good compromise for me.

@offwidth - Looks like a cool spot but your coffee looks more like tea. Is it something special or something?

This is what I did a couple years ago. I thought that coffee didn't stimulate me at all, so gave it up as an attempt to help mental focus - I fell asleep at my desk just about every day for almost two months. It was hard to push through, but did it, and now I drink decaf at home and whatever is available when I'm out. Coffee is my beverage of choice almost always, so having some decaf to offset the total volume has been a good compromise for me.

@offwidth - Looks like a cool spot but your coffee looks more like tea. Is it something special or something?
I had several decaf phases and years of drinkkng no coffee at all. Ithink it is sth about habits or rituals and Gemütlichkeit (@Neuro-Bob) ;)
Looking forward to new decaf espresso!

i find out that if i eat lots of meat, eggs, fish... i will want some coffee.

I endulged on coffee too much about a year ago - several nights I had a lot of difficulty falling asleep. Since then I am very mindful of how much I take and most importantly, when I take it. Basically any coffee after 4pm is a risk factor that I won't have a pleasant night.

My mom, however, is an absolute champ - she brews the strongest coffee out of any person I ever met in my life and she can drink basically before going to bed "to help her sleep better" o_O I guess the apple fell very far from the tree here. And then rolled into a ditch as well :)

I can't recall, but undoubtedly it was some medium roast, probably from Guatemala. What is interesting however, is that it was prepared with a 'Pour Steady'. Which is a sero driven computer controlled pour over 'robot'. Doesn't make the coffee taste any better, but it's pretty darn cool...
IMG_0531.JPG

@offwidth Thank you. Next time in Olympia I'll give it a visit.

@rickyw Regarding dependency, my parents could barely function without a cup of joe first thing in the morning. So once I decided to enjoy it regularly, I made a couple rules for myself. No more than one cup a day, and I don't have it until I've already gotten up and done a few things. On work days, I'll get one 2 or 3 hours in along with a small snack. On non-work days, my wife and I will enjoy a cup on the deck or whatever, some time after breakfast and a few chores. But there's definitely something that turns me off from "needing a cup" first thing in the day.

I definitely enjoy (and very occasionally need) a cup of coffee, but I make a point of setting a limit of no more than three (but usually two) cups per day and make sure I have decaf in the house so I can drink decaf or half caffeinated coffee, which I feel is a very good compromise.

For me, it's definitely more about the heat and the flavour than the caffeine however there are times when a hit of caffeine will definitely help sharpen your focus.

Is anyone here a fan of Turkish/Arabic coffee? That stuff will pick you up quick time.

I've quit coffee for weeks on end and felt no different really. I drink about 4 cups/day normally, less on weekends because I'm running around too much. Coffee is wonderful. I really appreciate how it opens my lungs up.

The only negative I've noticed when I don't get my coffee is a caffeine headache. That's why I cut back a bit but I still drink coffee or tea every morning.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom