all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Tom Furman

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted 20758

Im looking for a simple BW program. Minimalistic that could make me strong. I have just Got a copy of Furmans Armor of war and its look like what Im looking for. He recommends 25 rep total pr exercises and next step going after 50 reps(5x10). But i like ‘Pavel style). So 10x5 will be the Way for me.
Any one in here have tried it?

Im thinking as this as some kind of ‘the bear’ with BW and Im more after strength only. Now i will try the program/template as described in the book. But Im thinking of scaling Down the total reps and up the intensity. A little like power to the people.

But for now i will try the program as it is.

Yes. It's 5 reps max. 10 sets. Some exercises due to individual leverage may be 3 reps/16 sets.
Any other questions feel free. Thanks for the interest.
Thanks @Tom Furman

What do u think of my idea i mention to scale it to be lower in total reps and higher in intensity for strength?

Yes. It's 5 reps max. 10 sets. Some exercises due to individual leverage may be 3 reps/16 sets.
Any other questions feel free. Thanks for the interest.
Hey, it's cool that you're hanging around these parts to answer questions! I just want to say that I stumbled across your Garage Workout at the beginning of Covid and totally fell in love with it. I bought AOW, but put it off as I got sidelined by the Garage Workout and then isometrics, but I plan on throwing myself into AOW throughout 2022. It looks like a fantastic program!

Hey, it's cool that you're hanging around these parts to answer questions! I just want to say that I stumbled across your Garage Workout at the beginning of Covid and totally fell in love with it. I bought AOW, but put it off as I got sidelined by the Garage Workout and then isometrics, but I plan on throwing myself into AOW throughout 2022. It looks like a fantastic program!
Im allready a fan of AOW and i have only done it twice.
Where can i find garage workouts?

How Long does the workout take?
It looks like alot of sets.

How Long does the workout take?
It looks like alot of sets.
I haven't done this exact workout, but the days with 500 swings is taken right from the 10,000 swing challenge which I just did and my first day took 49 minutes (plus warmup and stretching) and by the end I was down to about 35 minutes plus warmup/stretching for about 45-50 minutes total.

Looking at the amount of work, it looks like most days should be in the 45-60 minute range.

"We will not stick to some arbitrary rep count to mimic leopards."

What does that mean?

That you will not stick to some arbitrary rep count. What do you think it mean?

My ignorance is on full display here, I mean, I didn't even know leopards did swings, let alone have a species-preferred rep count.
The leopard reference seems like a dig at Q&D, which uses the leopard as a metaphor. Otherwise, why bring it up at all, since it makes no sense just in the context of the article?

Even if the rep count was specified in some kind of attempt to mimic leopards, that wouldn't be arbitrary -- it would be a rationale for that rep count (which someone might question, criticize, or dismiss, but at least it would be a rationale). In contrast to the article, which specifies a specific rep count, but offers no rationale for it at all, other than it comes from Dan John's 10,000 swing challenge, and a vague reference to fast twitch fibers (which is more part of dismissing mimicking leopards than a rationale for the chosen rep scheme). So it's saying, "We will stick to the rep count I specify, for which I offer no rationale, but trust me, it's not arbitrary."

I have no opinion on the actual program, but that line seems like unnecessary snark that would just be confusing to most readers who wouldn't get the reference.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom