all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Tom Furman

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I mainly use push-ups, pull-ups and squats but will sub in ring dips, rows and box step-ups for a cycle. For Q&D I like the Victor protocol of 10x on 90s using swings and push-ups.
Literally finished reading Q&D 3 days ago .

I assumed you would take snatches outta the Walrus if doing Q&D.

Walrus is on my list.

Maybe I will do like you & add Q&D.
10 X 3 min version near the back

I assumed you would take snatches outta the Walrus if doing Q&D.
Yes, I should have mentioned that snatches don't work for my shoulder. You could certainly rotate them in and see how you feel. One of the tenets for a 3 programs is to start light and be consistent with the work. I personally feel that allows one to adapt in a low risk manner and make steady progress.

I bought AoW but haven't tried it yet, how long does a workout take?
10 sets of 5 must take a while i only get about 35mins actual workout time

@Gepet, what are your goals? Tom has a few good programs between AoW, Seasons of Temper, etc. A personal favorite is AoW + S&S as described here: Synergy. When 1 + 1 = 3 - Tom Furman Fitness
That combo leaned my legs down and added some shoulder, upper back and arm mass when paired up with a weight vest. I'm currently running Wendler's Walrus with a Q&D session once per week that's been very effective for me.
Goals currently are to get to S&S and gain some muscle. I've come across that blog post by Tom and I really like the proposed setup. I was just curious to understand aim of AoW based on its defined parameters.

How many exercises & reps?
I did a Murph sequence today. 10 sets of (3 pull-ups, 6 push-ups, 9 squats) with a 20lb vest. Recovery was good so I could go on 80s and keep clean form. Skipped the swings and walked the dogs before the rain hit.

Thinking of starting AOW next week, do you guys do the excersises like push pull squat, push pull squat or do all pushes then all pulls then all squats?

Ok im pretty sure that he in the book recommend the other way of doing it.

Ok im pretty sure that he in the book recommend the other way of doing it.

Yeah this was in the separate FAQ .
It's a free download.

How do you guys find recovery with this program?
Its a fair bit more than im doing at the moment, i currently only do 3 sets of 5-8 reps for one push one pull one squat/hinge. 3 days a week

Last edited:
Its a fair bit more than im doing at the moment, i currently only do 3 sets of 5-8 reps for one push one pull one squat/hinge.
If you start with 5x5 its around the same volume you do today and then built from there.

Its a fair bit more than im doing at the moment, i currently only do 3 sets of 5-8 reps for one push one pull one squat/hinge. 3 days a week
I will back off on days where I'm losing form and / or rep speed. Likewise on days I'm feeling good I will slightly bump up the volume. Just be consistent and let the overall volume accumulate. Think in terms of weeks and months in lieu of sessions and days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom