all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Tonight's Courage Corner

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Swings and getups after ditch digging is pretty badass. :D
Yeah I felt pretty good about myself, even if it was just a 24kg. 5 min 100 swings 1 min break and 5 min 10 TGU. My dad may have uttered several profanities about me and have written me out of the will (jokingly).
He is 78 now and going downhill fast, but used to work as a kind of smith before he joined the airforce, he was oldschool strong.

On a related note I came across some sidewinder tracks in the sand, on an afternoon run this week. Just part of the training outdoors experience around here...
When I lived in Oracle I used to go out early and do some Nordic walking for aerobic work. Favorite parts of that were 1) coming up on a whole herd of javalina that were grunting around in someone's front yard. Always wondered how they would tasted roasted HAH! 2) picking a bag of tuna (prickly pear fruits) to put in smoothie when I go home. Used to burn the stickers off over stove burner but one time, eating one whole, I did manage to get tongue and lips full of tiny stickers. 10,000 blessings on my wife who worked w/ maglight and tweezers to set me free of misery.

Try living in Australia where everything wants to kill you.
EXACTLY how I felt in AZ. Scary when every thing, animal, plant, insect, all have fangs and thorns most of them dripping with poison of one sort of another. Plus in the desert, the dry dry heat is constantly working to desiccate your body. I soon learned to carry water bottle at all times and drink even when not thirsty just to stay ahead of it. Difficult to catch back up on that.

When I lived in Oracle I used to go out early and do some Nordic walking for aerobic work. Favorite parts of that were 1) coming up on a whole herd of javalina that were grunting around in someone's front yard. Always wondered how they would tasted roasted HAH! 2) picking a bag of tuna (prickly pear fruits) to put in smoothie when I go home. Used to burn the stickers off over stove burner but one time, eating one whole, I did manage to get tongue and lips full of tiny stickers. 10,000 blessings on my wife who worked w/ maglight and tweezers to set me free of misery.

EXACTLY how I felt in AZ. Scary when every thing, animal, plant, insect, all have fangs and thorns most of them dripping with poison of one sort of another. Plus in the desert, the dry dry heat is constantly working to desiccate your body. I soon learned to carry water bottle at all times and drink even when not thirsty just to stay ahead of it. Difficult to catch back up on that.
All so very, very true...

You all have such beautiful views! I have ambitions to practice more outside in my backyard this year....however, 8 oaks all at least 75+ yrs old means....acorns! Local wildlife does not clean it up like I wish. Will have to watch where knees go when doing getups lol!

Yeah I felt pretty good about myself, even if it was just a 24kg. 5 min 100 swings 1 min break and 5 min 10 TGU. My dad may have uttered several profanities about me and have written me out of the will (jokingly).
He is 78 now and going downhill fast, but used to work as a kind of smith before he joined the airforce, he was oldschool strong.
Can’t you persuade your Dad to use Kettlebells to try to slow down or reverse the aging process?

Can’t you persuade your Dad to use Kettlebells to try to slow down or reverse the aging process?
Have tried, no luck. He kept strong until recently building and repairing houses, and doesn't understand all this "fitness". Only thing, that I have been able to persuade him and my mother to do, is to swim a couple of times a week. Better than nothing I guess.

I work as a ship surveyor and ended up stuck on a Russian ship for 2 weeks in the middle of the sea. I went down to check the gym and the Strength Gods were kind enough to put on board and old rusty 32 kg competition bell, a barbell and some plates. These were my toys:

20180606_180717.jpg

This was my courage corner for 2 weeks (view with volume low):

I work as a ship surveyor and ended up stuck on a Russian ship for 2 weeks in the middle of the sea. I went down to check the gym and the Strength Gods were kind enough to put on board and old rusty 32 kg competition bell, a barbell and some plates. These were my toys:

View attachment 5714

So very cool...!

That's awesome. Love the scenery and the resourcefulness. I like the way you do the get-up squat variation but also add in the lunge. And P.S., you walk with really great posture!

View attachment 5714

Thanks for sharing. Never seen that TGU variation before where you swap in an overhead squat instead. Looks cool.

Edit: Tried the overhead squat variation myself...I do NOT have the neccessary thoracic or shoulder mobility for that move at all!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom