all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Total tension complex and martial arts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lokate

Level 4 Valued Member
I want to get stronger and leaner. My main thing is martial arts, i get to train a sort of urban combat, realistic fighting.
I have practice all kind of martial arts dit the last 40 years orso.
I wonder if ttc complex would be a good choiche because its a 3 day a week workout and i have a fulltime job etc so i dont cant train everyday.
That leaves maybay 2-3 days for martial arts training.
And since martial arts is my main activity it seems to little.
But i still want to get stronger so met advice?

I don't know whether TTC is intended to be practiced like this.

Martial arts itself will get you leaner and stronger as per your sport requirements. This is your main focus, as you say.

Other than that you need a good base of strength. This can be built with as little as 2 days a week of lifting. Check out Fighter template from Tactical Barbell. Maybe you can use kettlebell alternatives to the barbell exercises.

Another option for leaner is the S&S. Many have said that their martial arts skills improved after practicing S&S. They were lighter on their feet and were able to use their hips better.

If I may suggest a sample template: S&S twice a week (can be done on your martial arts days as well), twice a week of lifting, 3-4 days of martial arts.

Whatever you decide for yourself, lifting should be limited to 2 days IMHO. I tried lifting 3 or 4 times a week with 5/3/1 along with Muay Thai and my Muay Thai suffered. A lot. Also, your lifting should not veer off into typical bodybuilding stuff. Check out Tactical Barbell. It is a good resource.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't know whether TTC is intended to be practiced like this.

Martial arts itself will get you leaner and stronger as per your sport requirements. This is your main focus, as you say.

Other than that you need a good base of strength. This can be built with as little as 2 days a week of lifting. Check out Fighter template from Tactical Barbell. Maybe you can use kettlebell alternatives to the barbell exercises.

Another option for leaner is the S&S. Many have said that their martial arts skills improved after practicing S&S. They were lighter on their feet and were able to use their hips better.

If I may suggest a sample template: S&S twice a week (can be done on your martial arts days as well), twice a week of lifting, 3-4 days of martial arts.

Whatever you decide for yourself, lifting should be limited to 2 days IMHO. I tried lifting 3 or 4 times a week with 5/3/1 along with Muay Thai and my Muay Thai suffered. A lot. Also, your lifting should not veer off into typical bodybuilding stuff. Check out Tactical Barbell. It is a good resource.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom