all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Total Tension Kettlebell Complex

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Linda M SFG2

First Post
I am wanting to start Total Tension and I have a couple of questions.

#1. The renegade row bells are larger than your complex bells correct? I can press double 18 kg bells 6-8 times but for the squat day of total tension these bells are a tad light. I can do double 20 kg for 6-8 reps. So for my squat day should I use double 20 kg bells? I can press double 20's for a single. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Linda M SFG2 welcome to the forum!

I've followed the TTC a few times and have been following it for a about a month now, its a great program!

the Rowing bells will mostly likely be heavier than your complex bells. I think Pavel suggests a pair of 32's. Remember that you're only doing one rep per set so I think the idea is to go heavy.

As far as using different bells for the presses than for the squats..... I will let someone else answer that one. I have been using the same bells for both and kind of catering to my squat weight bells, but it's not a big stretch for my press though. I mean if you have access to the bells, why not?

However, there is nothing that lights my "core" up the day after practicing the squat day than the double kb front squat. you might want to give it a try with the 18's and see how it goes....you might be surprised.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

I thought a similar question was asked in the comments of TTC article, and Pavel said use same size bells for squats as presses, even if they are a bit light. You'll just end up with a bigger pyramid of squats than presses.

Typically in a complex you use the bell size that allows you to hit the reps of your weakest skill. Most people would use press weight bells for a whole complex.

found it:
Caleb says:
October 3, 2013 at 11:28 pm
Pavel, if there is a sizeable discrepancy between a girevik’s press and squat (squat being greater), do you suggest that they up the bell size for the squat pyramid? or would you simply recommend a much larger volume of squatting? i.e. pyramids up to 10+ for squats. thank you in advance.

85.jpg
Pavel Tsatsouline says:
October 11, 2013 at 8:50 am
Caleb, keep the weights the same. Yes, do more SQ reps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom