all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Total tension question.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gypsyplumber

Level 7 Valued Member
I started out doing the total tension complex 4 1/2 weeks ago the bells I chose 24kgs because I can presto’s about 5 to 6 times. The first two weeks weren’t easy but they also weren’t really hard. I started out pressing the bells five times. Then I decided to add two reps to my pyramid for a total of 7. This was challenging particularly on the descending part of the pyramid when I had to do six and five again. Today was my first day of Wii five where I tried to add one more rep for a total of eight. Here is where I came into a dilemma on the descending part of the pyramid there was no way I was going to be able to get seven and six so the last two reps I ended up doing push presses. My question is this should I continue to do this or should I drop it back down to seven and simply do seven for the last two weeks. Or should I give it a go one more time for the second press workout on Friday at 8 and see if I can’t push past my limit. I was able to get 8 presses it was difficult but I got it, but that descending pyramid was rough.

Great work! 49 reps are excellent.
First, look at the big picture. If you show up, work hard is it really going to matter in the big picture?
Avoid injury from poor form and leave a rep or 2 in the tank. If you're shaking and squeezing that last rep, it's great for the ego but not sustainable over the long haul.

Ask if it's worth it. See how you feel. If you want to go for it, make sure you EAT A LOT the day before and get LOTS of rest. Take the day off from any activity the day before.

Great work! 49 reps are excellent.
First, look at the big picture. If you show up, work hard is it really going to matter in the big picture?
Avoid injury from poor form and leave a rep or 2 in the tank. If you're shaking and squeezing that last rep, it's great for the ego but not sustainable over the long haul.

Ask if it's worth it. See how you feel. If you want to go for it, make sure you EAT A LOT the day before and get LOTS of rest. Take the day off from any activity the day before.
Pretty excited today lol. I was able to get some extra rest last night, ate 3 big tacos for lunch and bunch of chicken and rice for dinner. I decided to sleep in a bit and pained my normal training time a few hours back from 4am to 9am. I was able to hit all 64 presses with about 1 left in the tank on each set of the descending pyramid. Did 100 swings and then stretched and I feel good! One more week to go on this total tension complex ! I’m pretty happy seeing as how 6 months ago 24kg was my heavy bell and I could barely press it 3x for 5 sets.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom