all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Training for military and elite fitness

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I can't imagine the tenacity it takes to make it part of the way into hell week and then have to start over.  There is no quit in the guys who become SEAL's.

I have purchased products from MA and nate morrison. But I find them too advanced for me, although I have been in regular army and currently in leo community.

Eg. Morrison's sas selection program has three workouts per day. So when I have started those kind of programs, I have gotten burned out pretty quickly.

I'm hoping that pavel would have some simple and sinister regimen for this purpose also. :D

Hi,
I understand that I'm late (3 years late to be precise!) to this forum, but I've heard great things about Nate Morrison's program and I'm trying to hunt it down. Would you be able to direct me to where I can find this SAS selection program with 3 workouts a day that you speak of? It seems that its been taken down online or is now very hard to find...

Many thanks

I've always been thinking that training for military is the most "effective" training ever. I'm still thinking that it is not too late for me now.

@Moseect Go for it, nothing to lose. I will say though, when I train with an "operator" mindset/influence, I cannot maintain the intensity/volume for more than 3 weeks at a time anymore. There are some other great resources here and more sustainable programs that do not require recovery weeks.

@Bro Mo
how do you think most operators train? Are you a former operator?

@Moseect
You're too old when you "think" you're too old. There are plenty of guys in my realm that are considered "over the hill" and could out "pt" any vinegar and piss filled private from the infantry.

Just my $.02
-WF

Yes, seen a lot of burnout/injury, especially when crossfit first became popular and before units started getting dedicated strength coaches. I always think when many people attempt to replicate military training programs they jump to: hardcore, how much can I do daily - and do it too long. Just want to make sure non-military folks understand that it's not all about constant redline - which is what I feel the reputation of "military" training is.

Exactly. Especially when there's other things that take a physical toll such as schools, jumps, ranges, and deployments. All these thing affect one another and constantly red lining in something as physical fitness does not improve life in these other aspects. @Bro Mo were you a SEAL or SWCC?

I've always been thinking that training for military is the most "effective" training ever. I'm still thinking that it is not too late for me now.

I guess I would ask what your definition of effective is. Effective for what? It all reallly depends upon what your goals are.
Also I agree with @Whiskey_Fox ... you are only too old when you think you are (for the most part)
There is not much doubt however that today's military operator style training is certainly tough stuff. But it might not be the right stuff depending upon what your journey is.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom