all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Training in Alicante, Spain - Gym vs at Home

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Michael Hill

First Post
Moving to Alicante Spain in ~ 2 months for work (be there ~ 3 years+/-).

There are no trainers/gym listed via the StrongFirst search listings, so I'm trying to figure out if paying to transport Kettlebells back and forth is worth it versus finding a gym that has sufficient kettlebells over there.

Is anyone familiar or know someone familiar with the area? Location and hours will be another huge factor as it will have to be close to whereever I live and be able to access before I head to work.

I have a feeling nothing exists that meets my criteria, so I'll have to work out at home - If this is the case, any suggestions on buying kettlebells over there?

Lastly, if I really had to make a minimalist decision I'm thinking one each of 24ks, 32kg and 40kg would be sufficient (just started training ~ 2 months ago, working toward simple right now)

If you don't find a gym, see about buying a kettlebell or two. If you can find them used, you'll likely be able to sell them when you leave for what you paid for them.

You can sometimes get a 16 or a 24 kg through as checked baggage.

-S-

Lastly, if I really had to make a minimalist decision I'm thinking one each of 24ks, 32kg and 40kg would be sufficient (just started training ~ 2 months ago, working toward simple right now)
If it was me, I wouldn't take or buy a 40. By the time I reach Simple I might just continue using the 32 for a while, or switch to ROP with a lighter bell. If I wanted to go heavier than the 32, I could just attach plates to it, swings and TGU are very friendly to have weights tied at the bottom of the bell because the bell doesn't flip.

I don't live in Spain , but many forum members live in the EU and didn't have much issue to buy kettlebells online, I think.

For 3 years, it is better to buy the kettlebells on site.
StrongFirst is getting stronger in Spain (there is even a SFG cert this December in Barcelona). @Tom Michejda is in Alicante, I think.

Rogue Europe based in Belgium and ships to all parts of Europe. Get one or two bells, a pull up bar and you are good to go

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom