all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Training log/app

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted 20758

Hi guys

what are you using to track your training?
Im thinking of something like a app to type in set/rep and something like that.

Hi guys

what are you using to track your training?
Im thinking of something like a app to type in set/rep and something like that.
A self made excel sheet, but only for swings.

Input:
Date, # cycle, total reps, sets, swing style (1H, 2H), reps at 16, 24, or 32 kg
Output: Reps per week/cycle, tonnage per session/week/cycle, average bell weight, etc.

The main metric I focus on is tonnage per cycle.

I would like something on my phone. So i can plug it in when Im done training.

I've used StrengthMark for years and it works beautifully for percentage based programs

I use TrainHeroic. I train with a weightlifting club and our coach uploads the program to the app, which makes it very easy to log sessions but I believe you can write in your own program.

It's a decent app but, for some reason, it sets a limit on 10 sets per exercise so you may have to work around that for your own training.

Garmin (and probably others) watches and associated apps log a mass of data, including reps and sets

personally I use the good old moleskin notebook!
While mine is not moleskin, I still use notebooks. I have close to twenty years' worth, and yes, I actually go back and review them when I need to remember how I achieved a particular result.

I use TrainHeroic. I train with a weightlifting club and our coach uploads the program to the app, which makes it very easy to log sessions but I believe you can write in your own program.

It's a decent app but, for some reason, it sets a limit on 10 sets per exercise so you may have to work around that for your own training.
I am guessing Cal Strength Club right??

I am guessing Cal Strength Club right??
Good guess, but no! My programming comes from Mike Causer at the London Olympic Weightlifting Academy (LOWA), which is the gym I train at in London. It's a good program for me as it's adaptable for different training frequencies (the weeks are planned so that snatch/clean and jerk days are alternated so you'll cover everything you need whether you're training between 2 and 6 days per week) and anything more than a 4 day per week program would destroy me!

Good guess, but no! My programming comes from Mike Causer at the London Olympic Weightlifting Academy (LOWA), which is the gym I train at in London. It's a good program for me as it's adaptable for different training frequencies (the weeks are planned so that snatch/clean and jerk days are alternated so you'll cover everything you need whether you're training between 2 and 6 days per week) and anything more than a 4 day per week program would destroy me!
Sounds great! Adaptability is everything!! I was part of Train Heroics Jacked Street team and was totally smoked by crazy volume... Good program but suitable for recovery beasts like students etc...

There’s an app called Bells by Iron revival. It’s specifically for bells and allows you to set up ladders EMOTM and has a great range of kettlebell movements pre loaded. Basic version is free and I’ve found it to be very good and easy to use.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom