all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed training mask

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Pavel,
Thanks- I’ve already read the Second Wind write up and presume there’s a lot more to learn with breathing than OA and Second Wind would be the place to go:) Do you know if a seminar will be in the U.S. in 2020??

I don't know - hopefully! Please follow the newsletter updates.

Did someone already try the Oxygen Advantage training mask ?

Replication of Altitude Training

Another method that replicates Altitude Training is

The Surprising Benefits of Training in the Heat

... heat acclimation may actually be more beneficial than altitude training in eliciting positive physiological adaptations, says Santiago Lorenzo, a professor of physiology at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and a former decathlete at the University of Oregon. “Heat acclimation provides more substantial environmental specific improvements in aerobic performance than altitude acclimation,” he says. And in contrast to the live low, train high philosophy, we more quickly adapt to heat stress than we do to hypoxia. In other words, heat training not only does a better job at increasing V02 max than altitude, but it also makes athletes better at withstanding a wider range of temperatures.

ACE-SPONSORED RESEARCH: The Performance Benefits of Training with a Sauna Suit

https://www.acefitness.org/educatio...rmance-benefits-of-training-with-a-sauna-suit

ACE enlisted the help of Lance C. Dalleck, Ph.D., and his team of researchers in the High Altitude Exercise Physiology Program at Western State Colorado University...

...significant improvements in VO2max, ventilatory threshold, and 5K heat and temperate time trials in the treatment group.

Auckland University of Technology

New Zealand Research

Hyperthermic conditioning for exercise performance (4:07 minutes)

Last edited:
One has to ask themselves how many of the worlds leading alpinists and high altitude climbers employ any of these 'altitude replication' techniques...?

One has to ask themselves how many of the worlds leading alpinists and high altitude climbers employ any of these 'altitude replication' techniques...?

I don't know - and it is not my goal at all. My goal is easier swings and recovery, easier MMA rounds, better "cardio" when going on the hike, health, resilience, and longevity. And Second Wind delivers.

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
In addition to Oxygen Advantages, training mask and Second Wind, do you do some easy running or swimming (for instance) on a regular basis ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Pavel Macek
In addition to Oxygen Advantages, training mask and Second Wind, do you do some easy running or swimming (for instance) on a regular basis ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Daily walks, daily martial arts training (sets, heavy bag, sparring), weekend hiking.

So no.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom