all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

On a weekend: some ubiquitous stone lifting, some improptu push ups
(i showed him hindu push ups and he became obsessed with them)
and squats with the kid and one (successful) attempt to bu-press 40 kg bell.

gsq w/40 2x5
c&p/arm w/32 10x1

Presses were actually superset: 10 x (1 press left, hand switch, 1 press right, 2 gulps of beer).

Last edited:
Just for a heck of it, 3x3 press with 40 kg bell, per arm.

Well, NOT JUST for a heck of it. I used similar tactics when I did ROP with 32 kg bell two
years ago. Quite often, on prescribed variety or off days, I was pressing something heavier
than 32 kg. Dumbbell was it, mostly. So with the same leap of faith as back then, I decided do
the same, as long as it does not interferes with the "main" pressing days.

Yesterday I started my diet experiment: intermittent fasting in 16:8 format. I eat nothing bewteen
8 PM and 12 AM next day and still try to eat somewhat consciously "better" in the other 8 hours.
Let's see how it evolves and how long it will last. My weight this morning: 121,5 kg.

c&p/arm w/32 10x1
row/arm w/32 3x8

That intermittent fasting thing lasted exactly three days with me. It's bloody miserable.
The whole morning I am hungry, hence angry, can't focus, and with a brain fog all over - and that's
a biggie for me because I make my living using my head. My stomach, and digestion generally,
does like it either.

Over the weekend some random bottom up presses and just tried my rep max with 32 and got
10 for both arms. Not surprisingly went down compared to the beginning of the year (15 -> 10).

c&p/arm w/32 9x2

Last edited:
That intermittent fasting thing lasted exactly three days with me. It's bloody miserable.
The whole morning I am hungry, hence angry, can't focus, and with a brain fog all over - and that's
a biggie for me because I make my living using my head. My stomach, and digestion generally,
does like it either.

There definitely seems to be some individuality to how it works. I'm on week 6 or so now. It took me a couple days to adjust, but they weren't that bad, and now it's easy - and it does seem to be working for me, weight is trending down slowly. My wife tried starting it at the same time - and she put on 5 pounds in 2 weeks. So she stopped, and those 5 pounds came off.

One size does not fit all, it seems.

Last time when I started IF it took pretty long to adjust. Earlier attempts were easier. Go figure.?

There definitely seems to be some individuality to how it works. I'm on week 6 or so now. It took me a couple days to adjust, but they weren't that bad, and now it's easy - and it does seem to be working for me, weight is trending down slowly. My wife tried starting it at the same time - and she put on 5 pounds in 2 weeks. So she stopped, and those 5 pounds came off.

One size does not fit all, it seems.

I've got visibly tighter in those 3 days so I suspect that it would have worked quite well for fat loss,
just that the side effect made it too much of a hassle. And I would not say I am too much of a p@#$y,
I like to cross my comfort zones pretty regularly.

Scary, don't try it two or three more times later then. :D
Yeah. I don’t know what went wrong. Maybe it was the spring fatique that was screwing things up. For now on I will maintain some sort of IF to keep things rolling. At least twice a week (5:2), but at the moment daily.

Yeah. I don’t know what went wrong. Maybe it was the spring fatique that was screwing things up. For now on I will maintain some sort of IF to keep things rolling. At least twice a week (5:2), but at the moment daily.

Good on you, it's great that it works.

Btw. how was your latest batch of sahti? I am now experimenting with kvass without yeasts,
just with the sourdough, but without much of a sucess for now.

Good on you, it's great that it works.

Btw. how was your latest batch of sahti? I am now experimenting with kvass without yeasts,
just with the sourdough, but without much of a sucess for now.
Latest batch is not drinkable yet, but one fefore that is. It's too junipery for my tastes, but other that that okay and strong. It seems to me that my batches are better in the wintertime. Maybe the temperature has something to do with it.

I'm glad you're brewing kvass. I brew it myself too. I use sahti mash sometimes and add some rye for the darker colour etc.

Belated Happy New Year to everyone on here!

Here I am, half a year later. I've been plagued by some health problems for a better part of the whole last year, eventualy ending up in
hospital in the fall - hence the long silence from my side. The whole ordeal is mostly over by now so I shall be around more frequently.

As possibly only positive consequence (or is it?!) my weight is around 100 kg (lost almost 20 kg) right now and I am slowly rebuilding myself with calisthenics CC style.

I am also thinking about the new name for this log as the present name does not reflect reality anymore, let's see with what i can come up.

Belated Happy New Year to everyone on here!

Here I am, half a year later. I've been plagued by some health problems for a better part of the whole last year, eventualy ending up in
hospital in the fall - hence the long silence from my side. The whole ordeal is mostly over by now so I shall be around more frequently.

As possibly only positive consequence (or is it?!) my weight is around 100 kg (lost almost 20 kg) right now and I am slowly rebuilding myself with calisthenics CC style.

I am also thinking about the new name for this log as the present name does not reflect reality anymore, let's see with what i can come up.
Happy New years, Press bro! Sorry to hear of your ailments but glad you're doing better now!

Back
Top Bottom